Red mark on face after scab falling off

Jonie1976
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:08 pm 
Post subject: Red mark on face after scab falling off
My lo who is 20months fell and bashed her face against activity table at the beginning of feb. It took the top surface of skin off (similar to when falling on knees) and bled quite a bit. It scabbed over, but that came off 3 days later as she managed to pull it off. There is a big red mark, looks similar to a strawberry mark. It doesn't seem to have faded very much. Has this happened to anyone elses lo?!? I'm worried she will have the mark forever, my mum says I should get it looked at, and I'm constantly asked if it's a birthmark!!

Thanks
Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:22 pm 
Post subject:
It could be a hypertrophic scar.
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:34 am 
Post subject:
I've just googled your comment, and they are raised scars, so don't think it is that. The scar on my l'o face is purely a red surface, there is not actually any scar tissue or anything, it is just a big round circle, about the sixe of a 2p, which is red. It has been this way since the scab fell off seven weeks ago.
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:46 pm 
Post subject:
I think it will fade hun it might just take a little while. Her skin will be soft and new so any scab will leave a mark, I've had scabs myself before now and once the scab falls off my skin is left quite pink looking for a little while. Is you LO fair skinned by any chance? I'm naturally blonde with paler than pale skin so any kind of mark on my skin hangs around forever (when I got married I got bit by a mosquito on my hen-do 8 weeks before the wedding yet the mark is clearly still visable on my wedding photos even though I was wearing fake tan!).

For you own peace of mind take her to get looked over but I'm pretty sure its nothing to worry about.

xx
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:22 am 
Post subject:
My skin goes like this when I have had scabs fall off. I also mark / scar easily (I still have marks from my cannulas I had nearly 5 months ago).

It might be just her skin type / defence system

xx

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:59 am 
Post subject:
Hi. I scratched my face badly a couple months ago. Quite a thick scab and when it fell off I had a long red scar on my face. There is not depth to it or anything, just a red mark.
What I did was put a paper plaster on it (can't think of the name) everyday and twice a day some bio oil on top of it.
Really brilliant method for getting rid of scars.
xxx

Jonie1976
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:39 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies, I've just started using bio oil, so will see how that goes. It is just the skin which is discoloured, it's really strange!!!

Xxx
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:44 pm 
Post subject:
hi, if u use the paper plaster with the bio oil it will work much better. sorry I can't think of the name, but it's like masking tape just ALOT thinner. yr pharmacy/boots etc should know what it is especially if u mention what u want to use it for xxx

Jonie1976
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:40 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Sweetpea I shall try that xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular