trying to convince oh for baby number 2!

happyhell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:08 pm 
Post subject: trying to convince oh for baby number 2!
Lol well exactly as it says above....we have our daughter Wii is I months. I'm now 31 and hubby 36. I would like to ttc number two starting ttc this December.

But....

Hubby is saying he now only wants one child.I'm totally gutted as I have always wanted two children,I think being an only child is very lonely. But he is quite adamant that at the moment we have enough money to cover mortgage and bills, enough time to spend with dd and I can afford to be part time. I vibrant would go full time if I had to, I just want another baby so she us not an only child, and before my age makes it harder.as you may remember we had a very high risk of downs syndrome with dd and I know the risk increases with age.

Any one experienced oh not wanting a second child? What have you done m how have you coped?x
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:18 am 
Post subject:
Hiya,

My OH decided he just wanted one after we had our son. I was also the same as you, I didn't want him to be an only child at all as everyone who is an only child says how they hated it and how lonely they were! Anyway, my son had speech probs so the time wasn't right to try until he was three as he needed a lot of attention before then.

I just kept giving him the reasons why I wanted another, his mum was an only child so backed up my reasoning. I'd always wanted two so said this was no shock to him. Eventually he caved after a couple of big rows and some persuasion. Then our daughter came along when my son had just turned four. Now he wouldn't change it at all and is glad we did it.

Now I'm going to try and convince him to have a third although I don't think I'll have much luck with that! Very Happy Very Happy

Good luck!
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:53 pm 
Post subject:
Ha ha thanks hon. And good luck with number three!

Well he has two brothers, I'm one of three and no one in the family is a single child so I find it very very strange he would want to be an only child....

I will have to keep the pressure on x
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:39 am 
Post subject:
My son has grown up an only child (not through choice) and I have to say its not something Id ever willingly make him. Ive seen him grow up quite lonely at times, really missing out of sibling play and being upset that he has no one to play with. Is it purely down to money as to why he only wants the one? Id go through your finances and present a case to him so to speak, and convince him other wise.
Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:55 am 
Post subject:
I'm an only child (not through choice, my parents struggled to have me and never fell pregnant again) and to be honest growing up it didn't really bother me unless we were on holiday....I'm quite shy too so wasn't great at introducing myself!
It bothers me more now...when my grandparents passed away my mum had her brother there and although they aren't very close they supported each other a lot sorting out the funeral and the house etc....I won't have that and it scares me a little bit. I know i have my OH and he would be there for me but I'm not sure that's the same in that kind of situation.
Anyway, once our daughter was born i was fairly adamant she wasn't going to be an only child. A lot of my friends have one and think I'm silly for having another though so I guess its personal preference! x

Mummy & Daddys little angels 05.12.08 & 01.01.13 Never Forgotten xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular