hedrin

thatonethere
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:06 pm 
Post subject:
keep applying hair spray in conditioner, they find it hard to grip the hair if it's slippy Smile x
jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:23 pm 
Post subject:
Shellm wrote:
Is the nit comb you've got a metal one? The plastic ones are rubbish.

Yep it's metal but the gaps seem quite big Confused It was my mum's as I couldn't get one last night, think I'll invest in a better one tomorrow !

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:28 pm 
Post subject:
[quote="Banoffee"]
jennaxhx wrote:
Oh right, yuck!
I've been using the nit comb but the little ones are too tiny for the comb to catch them Confused Only way I can get them is to use tweezers and it's impossible to get him to sit for more than a min at a time.[/quote

Don't worry just treat again in 7 days and Everest just quickly check for eggs pop them and pull them out. The small lice you see maybe dead with rhe hedrin but if not they will get big enough to get them out over the week.

It's a real nightmare!!

Thanks, I am hoping they are dead. I imagine they would be if the bigger ones were killed off? I've just been checking his head every chance I get and it's just as well my eyesight is good cos I can't believe how miniscule these things are! I've actually taken to just using the comb to methodically go through the hair and when I see any, I'm using my nails as pincers to pull them off. Seems to be the most effective way at the moment!

bunnymama
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:16 pm 
Post subject:
what i use is conditioner and nit comb they come out so easily. a pharmacist told me to use just this years ago. nightmare arent they!!
Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:55 pm 
Post subject:
I'd say the black dots are probably eggs, the lice glue them to the hair shaft, once hatched the shells become white but still stay attached. The Hedrin is the only product in many many years of treating headlice with my 4 daughters that I found actually killed the lice , because they're immune to the pesticides now but the hedrin coats them and stops them moving and feeding .
I would repeat the treatment 5-7 days after the first one to catch any lice that are newly hatched as the lice in the eggs aren't killed .
The adults should fall out of the hair once they're dead as they have to physically hold on while alive, but a fine toothed nit comb helps get them out and if you get a metal one that's very fine toothed it might help loosen the eggs too (I found the plastic ones bent too easily) but to be honest on fine hair they can be very difficult to get out , even with a lot of conditioner on and I often resorted to using my nails to try and slide them down the hair shaft , but once they're white and empty they don't do any harm so it's often not worth upsetting a toddler to try and get them all when they will eventually come off on their own .
With my boys I just kept their hair short while they were little as it made them much easier to spot and also easier to comb out if you do spot any, as you can treat them one day and then find they go to nursery the next day and come home with several large adults again as some parents just don't treat their kids hair Rolling Eyes
Because it doesn't have pesticides in you can use the hedrin two or 3 times over a week or so to clear them completely and its perfectly safe xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular