Anyone get pregnant on 1st IVF attempt & have healthy ba

TTC1stbaby
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:43 am 
Post subject: Anyone get pregnant on 1st IVF attempt & have healthy ba
I am doing my egg retrieval on the 16th and the transfer a few days later. I am getting really nervous that the transfer won't take. I have been on my clinics website and almost every testomonial says that the first attempt was miscarried or just didn't take and that their 3rd or 4th worked. The office told me that their is a 61% sucess rate at the clinic. I don't think we can afford 3 or 4 attempts. I guess I am looking for reassurance that sometimes the 1st IVF does take and a healthy baby is born.
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:31 am 
Post subject:
Ive seen plenty of women have the ivf work first time , if it doesnt work then hopefully you will have frozen embryos you can use and frozen transfers cost significantly less to do than ivf. x
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:50 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you so much.
TTC1stbaby
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:51 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you so much.
LynneABC
Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:44 pm 
Post subject:
We could only have one go of IVF which ended up being ICSI. Two of 7 eggs fertilised and were put back and we got one healthy baby girl (now approaching 2 years of age) out of it. So first time can happen.

Really good luck with it. Keep as relaxed as you can; that worked for me (plus lots of prayers to St Anne!).
rubylilly
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:50 am 
Post subject:
Hi. IVF can definitely work 1st time because it happened to us. We were given a 1 in 4 chance of it working (25%) due to my age (I was 37) and the fact that we were only allowed to have one embryo transferred. Our dd will be 2 yrs old next month. Very Happy I cycled with Lynne ABC and some other lovely ladies, who were a great source of support and advice. Clinics have to tell you or report their statistics but even a 1 in 100 chance is still a chance! 61% chance is pretty good odds really. Smile I realise that I was very very lucky and I never take that for granted but hopefully success stories like mine (and many others) will help you to stay positive. I wish you all the luck in the world. Take care. Xxx

LynneABC- lovely to see you on here. How are you? How is your dd? Xxx
Nutty- I've just seen your wonderful news! Congratulations!!! I'm sooooooo pleased for you! You are an inspiration to us all. How are you doing? Xxx
Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:44 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your responses. I needed that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular