Could I be pregnant? My blood's +ve but UT's -ve

kad1979
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:09 am 
Post subject: Could I be pregnant? My blood's +ve but UT's -ve
Hi Everyone,

My husband and I have been seriously TTC for a little over a year now. We had our first insemination in December. To our surprise it worked the first time round. However, when I was pregnant in Jan, I bled throughout. I ended up miscarrying on 4th Feb. I had a d&c done.

I went in for my check up in March on the third day of what I thought were my periods. My gygy found an gestational sac with nothing in it. The bleeding stopped a day later and since then I haven't has any bleeding. The sac was still there 2 weeks later. I had a blood test done, which showed that I was 2-3 weeks pregnant. My stomach seemed funny too. My husband felt it was getting rounder. Throughout the month of March, I would feel hungry every day at the same time... and my preference was crisps 'barbecue' flavour.

I then had a urine test done at home. The test seemed confused and this in turn confused me. It showed a negative (kinda faint horizontal line) and an even more faint vertical line. So I did it the next morning and had the same result.

My stomach feels like it is back to normal. So I have been behaving like I am not pregnant. It has been helping to not think about it too much.
I do get a bit uncomfortable around my chest area sometimes. This has started like recently. It feels like there is something stuck in there, but it passes off quick either once I go to the loo or drink water.

I have a second blood test coming up before I see my gygy on Monday. I am very tempted to take a clear blue digital, just to see what happens. I have also been reading up and found out that in some cases UTs can be -ve while blood tests are +ve and ladies end up being pregnant.

Any thoughts, or shares would be very appreciated Very Happy
donzy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:41 pm 
Post subject:
The only thing I can tell you is after my MC I got a positive 4 weeks later but my GP told me it was because there are still pregnancy hormones in my body. That it is the only time you get a false positive is following miscarriage x
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:07 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for replying... I would have accepted that explanation, but he found a gestational sac... IT was empty at the time so we figured that it was possibly too early to see anything. Blood test showed 2-3 weeks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular