Another nit related question r.e nursery

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:39 pm 
Post subject: Another nit related question r.e nursery
Sorry for the second thread relating to head lice. It is 99% likely liams caught them from nursery as him and his brother haven't been in contact with anyone else who could have thenm except from there. They don't start back at nursery til next Monday, by which time I am hoping he will be rid of them all but should I notify the nursery that he has caught them from another child there? I know at school parents usually write a note but dunno if telling his keyworker would make any difference as not sure if they still send letters out to parents like they do at the school x

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:40 pm 
Post subject:
Harry isnt in a nursery yet so I havent had that worry but I know my sisters have always informed the nursery if their kids have got lice.

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:43 pm 
Post subject:
i think you should inform them, it may be the other childs mum isnt aware they've got lice.. x
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:57 pm 
Post subject:
I would tell the nursery when you go back, they should send a letter out so all parents should check their own child's hair. It's made my head itchy just thinking about it.

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:27 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah as shellm said tell them so a letter can go out to parents. It's always ver discreet.
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:30 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies, I'll let them know next week then Smile

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:19 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah i would tell them.

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:00 pm 
Post subject:
def tell the nursery. The nursery that Alex goes too, I've had to sign a disclaimer that they can check for head lice Smile so you may find that your nursery does checks too Smile

Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:45 pm 
Post subject:
In our nursery if someone has had nits they put notices on the door and noticeboard. Its very discreet...no names, details of child or even what room they incident happened in (there are various rooms in our nursery depending on age of child). They just tell you that a case of head lice has been found and for parents to check over thier own childs head.

It is ni our contract though that kids with head lice cant attend nursery until they are clear from infection so they might bring this up with you.

Its just curtious to let them know I think so they can let others know, most kids catch them at some time or other so its no biggie these days. Ooooh I cant bear the thought of finding them in my LO's hair, I never had them but the thought of creepies in my head makes me feel weird hahah!

xx
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:54 pm 
Post subject:
I think they're all but gone now, can't find any adults lice or eggs, just tiny lice which I'm assuming are dead but I've been picking them out every chance I get and he'll be getting another round of lice treatment on sunday so I don't think hell be posing any risk when he goes to nursery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular