Pram?

Carlyx
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:01 pm 
Post subject: Pram?
hey.
I have a stokke xplory for my little man (week x2) so far we have been using the stokke carseat on the chassis and lying it flat when walking. but we dont know if we need it invest in the lie flat carrycot or if my little girl can go in the seat... on the internet its says the seat can be used from birth but i feel my little girl would/might sink in it. i have not seen the depth of the seat as it is at my mums because i dont have the room at the second (having my house decorated so they is stuff all over the place ...) so i need your help?

what do you think and is it worth buying the carrycot? did you get the use you wanted out of this expensive (£170) piece of kit?

thanks any help
Faerydae
Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:15 pm 
Post subject:
just looked at it and the seat looks very similar to the seat on my bugaboo, that says for use 6 months+ but my LO went in it at a month old and he was a small baby, I just laid it right back and he was perfectly fine so if it says it's suitable from birth I'd just go for using that rather than spending £170 on a carrycot that you'll only get a few months use out of
Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:30 pm 
Post subject:
thanks for the reply, i was wondering if he would sink as you have to tilt the whole seat not just the back so the depth would be the same as it would with a toddler inside xx
hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:32 pm 
Post subject:
I don't have a stokke but I have a quinny and Lola hated her carrycot after a week, they like to sit up and be nosey so I wouldn't waste your money xx
Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:33 pm 
Post subject:
yeah it's the same on mine, the whole seat swivels but he looked really comfy in it Smile
Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:42 pm 
Post subject:
thanks for this... i have just reread my post and ive typed it up about my little man and put my little girl by accident thats because ive just wrote another post for my little girl on a different webpage opps Embarassed xx

Thanks for the advise xx
Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:28 pm 
Post subject:
I had the cot for the quinny and used it for about 7 weeks. My daughter was such a tiddler that she looked stupidly small in the normal newborn seat (but she did actually hate being unable to see everything just like Hayley said!)

I got mine second hand so it wasnt so bad - I would have been annoyed if I'd bought the cot new though.
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:47 pm 
Post subject:
Hey

You can get a newborn wedge that goes In the seat to make it more padded/secure for them. Type it in google or look on eBay. Xx
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:16 pm 
Post subject:
I'm probably going to sound really stupid now as its probably already out there but it would be really good if they made a seat which lay flat, could be used as a car seat whilst flat also bending into a seat for when the child is older.
Xx
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:31 am 
Post subject:
hayley2903 wrote:
I'm probably going to sound really stupid now as its probably already out there but it would be really good if they made a seat which lay flat, could be used as a car seat whilst flat also bending into a seat for when the child is older.
Xx

one of my friends pram is a bit like this, it can't be used as a car seat but it's a carrycot style pram that bends up into a seat Smile can't remember what pram it is though haha

Jump to:  

Community

Popular