Medical Notes

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:16 am 
Post subject: Medical Notes
I have now got a full copy of my medical notes of both of my pregnancies, delivery and care, including my LETTZ treatment prior to becoming pregnant. It's lovely to fill in the missing gaps and understand what actually happened, especially during my last pregnancy / birth.

It means that I now have the names of the people who cared for us so we can send thank you cards.

Has anyone else got their notes? Any surprises that you had forgotten about?

xx

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:59 am 
Post subject:
How do you go about getting them, as I would like to find out more about my birth, as most of it is a blur, and I think it would help me get over my fears.

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:34 am 
Post subject:
i didnt realise you could get copies.

Can you please tell me how you got them, i love to have mine.

I was given an epesiotomy when having Belle with NO pain relief not even g+a i said at the time i dint want one an she still cut me TWICE! I was hoping to find out why she did it, at the time i was told " i thought you were going to tear" i just want to know for sure that this was actually the case and it wasnt anything to do with Belles heart rate. (as she cut me after having a listen)

I like to know how long each stage lasted as well. All i remember was that it was 6 hours from first contraction to Belle being in my arms.

My new midwife and doctor currently has NO medical records of me AT ALL! I move over 6 months ago to a new county but you think that kind of thing wouldnt take that long to transfer. Wouuld be nice to have the information to give them myself.

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:18 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,
You need to contact the health records dept at each of the hospitals you had your baby(s) at - just phone the hospital and ask for the dept.
Either they will send you a form or you have to put into writing exactly what you want... so I asked for all ante / post / delivery information from 2009.
It cost me £30 for admin and postage (as they have to find them, sort them, photocopy them and send recorded).

It has def given me closure for what happened with Pops so maybe help explain to you both the actions that were not explained properly at the time

xx

Alouise09
Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:55 pm 
Post subject:
Id love to have mine

One of my midwives was absolutely horrible the last thing she would be getting is a thankyou card, in fact if I knew her name she would be getting a complaint! But the others were all lovely so it is a really nice idea. My labour was very long and ended in an emergency section so would love to know more about the reasons why and also why I lost so much blood.

How did you go about getting them?

xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular