December Babies!!

xKerrynx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:11 pm 
Post subject: December Babies!!
Im having a december baby, she wasnt planned but when we found out we were extremely happy and couldnt believe it as we were using contraception. But once everything was confirmed ok and we told our family and friends most of the responses were...........
"You timed that right having her near Christmas"
"How awful must it be having your birthday days before christmas"
"If its a girl call it Holly"

Me and my partner laugh at this now but its amazing how people just say what they want to you whilst they know your pregnant.

Has anyone else found this?

Kerryn

x

Floop
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:07 pm 
Post subject:
My daughter was due 27th dec (born on 5th Jan) we had the same stuff said to us.... the worst thing is she gets alot of 'joint' presents or nothing for her birthday cos its still quite close. It drives me mental lol
leeannp57
Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:00 pm 
Post subject:
i am due on the 27th of december and looking forward to having a christmas baby however i do hope that friends and family wont just give him/her 1 present (joint) as he/she grows up. i hope he/she is not on christmas day as i think that would be a shame having to celebrate both christmas & birthday on the same day
x
Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:58 am 
Post subject:
I am due 10th dec hope he comes in november as i am very uncomfortable now.

Cant wait 2 have my baby here for xmas.
paigesmummy
Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:35 pm 
Post subject:
[color=indigo]I was born on 19th December and it drives me mad when people try and give me joint Christmas / Birthday presents or no Christmas present at all as they bought me something for my birthday. I've luckily never had this problem with my close family but Aunts and Uncles etc have done it... oh and my pressies are always wrapped in Christmas paper!!!!!

I'm not bothered anymore as Christmas is for the kids but now i'm due on 20th Dec and I know i'm going to have the same trouble that I had as a child.

Does anyone else have this problem?[/color]
Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:32 pm 
Post subject:
I'm due on Dec 20th too, I'm hoping she'll arrive early as I don't want the whole 'joint' present thing going on, its not nice as her sister will always get two pressies as her birthday s in March.
If it hadn't taken as long to conceive I wouldnt have this prob....
I suppose babies come when they're ready and not before so there's not really alot I can do about it.
I'm still VERY excited for th arrival of my baby though, nearly ready for her too, just the moses basket covers to wash (they've been in the attic for 12 months) and all the little clothes fro my 1st little angel to wash. Very exciting!

Essexmum
Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:06 pm 
Post subject:
this is my second baby and am due on the 23rd dec. everyone is saying it will be a christmas day baby.

i really hope not lol

xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2008 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular