confirmation of pregnancy . . .

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:13 pm 
Post subject: confirmation of pregnancy . . .
I just noticed a friend on facebook had said her doctor had confirmed her pregnancy now she's waiting for her scan, it made me wonder actually, my doctor just took my word for it that I was pregnant, did anyone get an actual test or were they just believed? Xx
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:20 pm 
Post subject:
My doctor just took my word for it all three times.. My doctor only ever gave me a pack with the midwives number and told me to contact them for a booking appt and to book a scan.. X
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:23 pm 
Post subject:
I find that so strange I mean you could imagine there are some strange people out there who would pretend and get as far as a scan! X
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:37 pm 
Post subject:
Dr just took my word for it.

When pg with Belle i saw a trainee dr who wanted me to have tests, i went back a few days later to see my dr and he told me i didnt need to have them.

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:46 pm 
Post subject:
Yep doc just took my word. I actually went to see the doc thinking you had to go for them to confirm it. I told him I had tested twice, both positive and he just said "well it's highly unlikely the tests are wrong so I'll just make you an appt to see the MW" and that was it lol x

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
First preg he did bloods, second preg (at a diff drs surgery but still local) a urine sample

xx

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:04 am 
Post subject:
my doctor just said 'have you had a positive test?' then told me to book the mw at 8 weeks.

my sister had to take a urine sample to be tested at her docs, but they come under a different PCT because of where they live.

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:25 am 
Post subject:
Yep my dr just took my word for it. I was really surprised, like Jenna I thought you had to go and get it confirmed.

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:47 pm 
Post subject:
Same here. They took my word for it every time. We except with my first but that was because I only found out I was pregnant with Shannah through a blood test with something else.

Alouise09
Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:45 pm 
Post subject:
just took my word for it on all 4 of my pregnancies xx

nds
Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:23 pm 
Post subject:
same as jenna, went to see doctor thinking they had to confirm it too, but nope, he asked me if i'd done a test, i said yes, two (lol try six!) and he said that was fine, he wasn't going to test me again, as hpt's are just as effective as what they have in the surgery.. i don't think anyone would actually go to a doctor and lie that they were pregnant, surely lol? then again you never know.. Laughing

Jump to:  

Community

Popular