what to wear..

nds
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:59 am 
Post subject: what to wear..
.. to a 21st birthday party when trying to hide a pregnancy bloat? all my dresses are figure hugging! xxxx
Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:26 pm 
Post subject:
A maxi dress!! Although they are my answer for just about everything.. Lol theyre great for dressy occasions or every day Smile x
Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:50 pm 
Post subject:
just been shopping and had absolutely no luck.. found a nice long dress in new look kids section (hehe) but it was ripped at the back before i even tried it on, and there was no more.. quite frustrating.. if i can't find anything at home, i'm not going!! haha, i'm sulking that i can't wear what i want due to this rather big secret Sad selfish i know x
Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:59 pm 
Post subject:
You could always opt for leggings and a floaty tunic style top.
Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:18 pm 
Post subject:
i think thats my only option isn't it.. i'm sure i can dig something out.. i hope.. thanks.. xxxx
Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:42 pm 
Post subject:
Get something with a tulip skirt. I have a red dress from lipsy I wore when I went out for a friends birthday and I had a big bump and it was really flattering. This is the style I mean http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Tulip-Dress-with-Tie-Back/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1381051&SearchQuery=tulip%20dress&sh=0&pge=2&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Lipstickpink where there's a band on top of your bump and it sort of gather. I don't really like that dress but just wanted to show you what I meant. Asos do some maternity dresses too though I have never really found anything I like in that section.

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:22 pm 
Post subject:
You could just claim you've eaten too much, people won't question your weight anyway would they? Haha
I bought a lovely peplum from new look a while ago that was very flattering. I also bought a skater dress from there (thick material) when I was in early pregnancy for a wedding I was at. I think a thick material skater dress would be your best bet. If not topshops high wasited leggings (NOT maternity ones) are very comfy and flattering. There's also a floaty greyish bluey low cut top in the river island sale at the minute. XX
Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:10 pm 
Post subject:
thankyou.. i ended up wearing a floaty black top with leggings but felt like i didn't look nice at all.. am at another 21st this evening and went to quiz, where i found a dress with mesh bits.. yes its a little tight but its black and the skirts forms just as my bloat does, so its not too obvious.. i don't know anybody at this party so they would just assume i was like that anyway if they were so observant to notice, whereas last night it was all my work friends and they all know i have 'washboards abs' (ok not quite but i am very slim) i don't 'put weight on' i'm one of those lucky ones lol.. heres the dress for tonight, any views? i think it looks alright xxxx

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:39 pm 
Post subject:
I like it Smile personally I cant see any 'bloat' on that picture.. Hope you have a good night Smile xx
Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:47 pm 
Post subject:
me either, on the pic anyway.. thanks rach! xxxx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular