Breast fed baby still waking 3times a night at 8 months

Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:15 am 
Post subject: Breast fed baby still waking 3times a night at 8 months
Help!!!
I'm exhausted! Lily is 8 months old and still waking up to feed, she will wake maybe 4/5 times a night and maybe 2 of yjose times she wants feeding. She does eat 3 meals a day but just not a great deal of food, she's also just learnt how to crawl, I hoped once she's mastered that her mind may be less active at night but she's still waking mid crawl up the cot lol
At this age should she still need night feeds? Do I try a little tough love and see if that works?
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:23 pm 
Post subject:
Can you bulk up her dinner? I add a little porridge into my daughter fruit dessert OR a bit of rice in her main. She also cluster feeds in the hour before bedtime, she snuggles up to me and has both boobs bit by bit before then feeding and falling asleep.

Does she still feed a lot during the day? Maybe she is needing more milk and so wakes in the night for it?

Hope you find something that works. FX

]
Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:57 am 
Post subject:
She still feeds almost as much during the day, I tried giving more dinner and she was up as much as ever! I don't want to upset her too much by ignoring her but I just don't know what to do Sad
I'm not sure if its just habit or is she is actually hungry!
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:30 pm 
Post subject:
Do you breastfeed her to sleep? I only ask as she may be waking in the night and needing the comfort (rather than filling up).
Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:27 pm 
Post subject:
No she gets put to sleep awake, last night I just bit the bullet and decided not to feed her, she went to be at 7:30 I have her a dream feed at 10:30, she woke up a few times and I just patted her back to sleep which didn't take too long, I gave in at 6:30 because my boobs were ready to explode lol
I'm hoping if I just persist with this she will give in and just sleep! Fingers crossed anyway lol
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:54 pm 
Post subject:
Thats good going! Your boobs will adjust - the first few times Frankie didnt wake up in the night I leaked all over the bed!

Good Luck!

]
Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:24 pm 
Post subject:
Sounds like that went well, seems like she was waking out of habit rather than need. My milk supply adjusted quite quickly to George sleeping more. It amazing really how our bodies adjust to the supply and demand.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular