Cracked Nipples

Lexismum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:51 am 
Post subject: Cracked Nipples
Anais has had thrush twice an the second time shes made my nipples crack cos she wasnt latching properly. It effing kills. She refuses bottles 99% of time, an even when she does have one she wants me after so theres no point Rolling Eyes

Will it get better for me to carry on bfing?

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:07 pm 
Post subject:
Get some http://www.lansinoh.com/products/hpa-lanolin nipple cream. You don't have to wipe it off to feed. It helped me in the beginning and also when George starting catching me with his teeth at around 5 months. Also after a feed cover your nipples in breast milk and allow to dry it has antibacterial properties. I also found mine healed better if I got air to them so used to sleep with my top half naked over night.

George would not have a bottle either. Would take water in a sippy cup from 6 months but not milk.
Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:14 pm 
Post subject:
Im sleeping naked from the top cos my bra was sticking to it Embarassed an Im also putting my breast milk on (I feel quite proud Im doing summit right Laughing )

All the bloomin shops have been closed today so just got some nipple cream from the little boots shop an Iim gonna see if the doc will prescribe summit. How long did it last for for you xx

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:53 pm 
Post subject:
A good nipple shield might help too as they protect your skin, problem is she still may not accept it. FX something works!

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:52 am 
Post subject:
With the cracked nipples not more than a week. When he was catching me with his teeth it was longer as he get re-catching me (literally had holes in my nipples). I did find the lanolin cream the best as you can apply it before a feed and leave it on and it provides some protection. I didn't use a nipple shield but not sure George would have used it.
Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:02 pm 
Post subject:
During my early months of breast feeding I would take a damp, warm rag and place it on my nipples before and after breast feeding. Keep in mind that these tips will help achieve results, but nothing works as well as Motherlove nipple cream for treating your sore and abused nipples. And if all else fails... get in touch with your doctor for more effective solutions to resolve your cracked nipples.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular