1st pregnancy and baby has not engaged - really worried!!!!!

IrishMammy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:47 am 
Post subject: 1st pregnancy and baby has not engaged - really worried!!!!!
Hi, I am 39+4 weeks pregnant with my first baby. The baby's head has not engaged and has been sitting on the brim since 34 weeks! I am really afraid that I will end up having to have a C-section and really do not want this. I have planned to have my baby at home and have really set my heart on it Sad Can anyone tell me if this is something that has happened to them before. Any advice is welcomed! I have spoken to my midwife who said all I can do is wait until I go into labour so that the contractions could push the baby's head down if not they will go from there Confused I know this is something I just have to deal with but I would really like to hear from you guy's and see if anyone else has gone through this before and had a normal labour or maybe know a friend who has gone through a similar situation.

Sorry for going on xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
freen
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:53 pm 
Post subject:
HI I'm also an irish mammy and due in May.....
This is my third pregnancy.....on my second pregnancy Ross was breached up until a few days b4 delivery....my gynacologist kept telling me not to worry as they can turn right up until the end....and so he did...I ended having a natural normal delivery and he weighed 9lb1oz....this baby is also breached at the moment so we'll have to wait and see...do you know what you're having????? and any names picked...
cardea
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:13 pm 
Post subject: baby
Hi ! ,

I'm 37+3. My friend had herbaby on Tuesady although her waters actually broke on sunday morning. When she had visited her midwife on the friday, only 2 days before her waters broke naturaly, the midwife would not do a membrane sweep even though she was technically 1 day over her due date as the babys head had not engadged. My friend was really upset as she had been really uncomfy for ages and thought that if the head was not engadged then it meant the baby was going to be really late. Apparently the baby's head can engage as late as actually being in labour. This is my first so i am not talking from my own personal experience just that of a friend who has recently gone through it. I hope that this reassures you a little. ( my babys head is only 3/5th's - i'm not entirly sure what this means, but he is not engadged )
Charlplusbabies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:15 pm 
Post subject:
hi irish mammy,
i really would not worry about it at all. ideally yes it would be better if a babies head is engaged before a woman goes into labout. this is because the pressure of baby on the cervix helps it to dilate although if the babys head is not there then things can take a while longer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular