Sickness

Jo3x
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:38 pm 
Post subject: Sickness
Hello ladies just wondering if any of you have any suggestions for morning sickness don't know why the hell they call it morning sickness it should be called all day sickness because mine just doesn't seem to be going i've been vomiting alot and just feel all day that am gonna vomit ive tried the ginger biscuits and ive got sickness bands on just feel awful trying my hardest to eat but its so hard Sad Love Jo xxxxxxxxxx

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:05 am 
Post subject:
Eat little and often. I preferred cold foods too.

Sipping lemonade may help.
Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:54 am 
Post subject:
i suffered just like you, and i think now it's wearing off.. fingers crossed.. i slept a lot tbh! my bands seemed to work for a while but then they just didn't.. eating little and often is a good one, but as i had no appetite i just couldn't do that either.. water never helped me nor did i try ginger biscuits.. eating little and often, keeping hydrated, your bands, biscuits, sucking boiled sweets.. got to be the worst side effect so far.. hopefully you'll find some relief somewhere, xx.
Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:18 pm 
Post subject:
I found eating little and often and prawn cocktail crisps helped a bit but I still felt sick all day (and seem to be heading the same way with this one). Are you being sick or just feeling sick? Most of the time I just felt sick and found that so draining. At least when you're being sick there's some relief

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:44 pm 
Post subject:
Boiled mints helped me loads the only way I could cook was if I was sucking one. Hope you feel better soon x

Shellm
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:05 pm 
Post subject:
I was physically sick with all of mine. If I didn't vomit first thing of a morning then I felt nauseous all day. I always felt much better for being sick. Sorry to say but mine lasted until 17/18 weeks too!!
Nothing helped me I just persevered. It does go eventually.

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:16 pm 
Post subject:
I wasn't actually sick with Isobel or this time around but I did feel queasy and used lemonade, ginger biscuits and sickness bands to feel better! Hope it eases off x
Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:32 pm 
Post subject:
I completely sympathise with you! With my first pg I was so sick I ended up in hospital twice with dehydration and this pg I was sick and felt sick everyday from 6 weeks to 16 weeks, thought it would never end. Was so bad i felt so depressed, the only thing that kept me going was that I have a toddler who needed me to be mummy! Not a lot helped me but I had to have tabs off the doc to help but only took them of I was sick more than once in a period of time. Small things like sucking on sweets, dried foods like crisps and chewing gums too. I found it a struggle to eat anything and lost a stone in weight, think I weighed just over 8 and a half stone at 15 weeks pg. I used to find tho when I did manage to eat a substantial amount I felt a lot better. Also drinking plenty helps. Hope you feel better soon x

rara1301
Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:02 pm 
Post subject:
I've found sparkling water, lucozade original and rich tea biscuits have been ok, not great by any stretch of the imagination and definitely eat what you can little and as often as you can. Good luck, am hoping mine is going to wear off soon but not hopeful as I was sick every day until 17 weeks with my little girl xx

nds
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:40 pm 
Post subject:
o yes lucozade original for me too! forgot to mentio that one xx
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:54 pm 
Post subject:
Hello ladies, thank you so much for all your suggestions i ended up being admited to hospital with Hyperemesis. I went the doctors to see if there was anything she could give me the vomiting wouldn't stop couldn't keep anything down the vomiting feeling just wouldn't go away i had a bowl by my side for days so she wanted me to do a water sample and i had a lot of ketones in my water sample so she sent me straight the hospital on a drip had to stay in over night too Sad but they gave me some anti-sickness tablets and i feel 100% so much better keep getting waves of nausea which is so much more manageable, most importantly they gave me a scan and i got to see my little one! Very Happy Heart beat was going so strong! Very Happy and they put me back 2 days so i was 7 weeks yesterday.
lots of love Jo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

nds
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:31 pm 
Post subject:
sorry to hear that! hope you are feeling better now though.. fab that you got to see LO! xxxxxxx
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:27 pm 
Post subject:
Wow, so exciting that you got to see your little one so early Smile. Glad you're feeling better, take it easy xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular