matenity leave

Ricklet
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:02 pm 
Post subject: matenity leave
hi, i am 32 weeks pregnant and decide to take a leave on 36 weeks, am i safe? Shocked
Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:26 pm 
Post subject:
Safe for what? I stopped work 2 weeks before my due date (took a weeks holiday and then started mat leave at 39 weeks). My little boy wasn't born till just over 2 weeks overdue.

It really depends on your job and whether you're likely to have your baby eary.
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:07 pm 
Post subject:
I'm finishing at 38 weeks and am in a job that requires standing all day, and a lot of brain power lol. Still feeling fine so far though, just short of 4 weeks to go Smile

happyhell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:28 pm 
Post subject:
I worked until 39 Weeks and only stopped because I went into labour. I wanted to work until the day before my due date and I was fine x,x,
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:08 pm 
Post subject:
I finished on the Friday, with a view of taking 2 weeks leave, and went into labour on the Saturday! Daughter wasn't born until the Monday and she was 2 weeks early.

Is it your first baby? They say the first is slowest then it can be pretty quick after that but I'm planning on working as long as I feel I can. Jeez the last thing I'd want is to go into labour at work lol Laughing
Ricklet
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:56 am 
Post subject:
Smile thank you all for the info, and it is not my first child. my boy came at 37 weeks he's eight yrs now. and i was not working that time,i was still in college. so now i am scared that i might go into labour earlier than with my first child. Sad Sad . i work in an office,sitting the whole time. i guess i'm just worried thats all.
libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:38 am 
Post subject:
I had to go earlier than planned last time at 35 weeks and had been signed off for a week before that already. That's because I had spd though and I was on my feet all day and up and down stairs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular