trying for baby number 3!

bakermommy
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:45 pm 
Post subject: trying for baby number 3!
I never had much trouble with irregular menstral cycles but since stopping my birth control patch last july my cycles seems to be longer and more iregular I also have irregular bleeding and discharge. My husband and I decided last july that we would like to try for baby number 3. with both our daughters ages 7 and 4 pregnancy seemed to come quickly. Our first took just a couple months with the assistance of saliva testing and our second pregnancy came with in one month of trying with no help. We have had 3 unsuccessful attempts so far, we are aware that it can take up to a year to conceive. So far I have used opk's, bbt charting, checkin cm and position. I guess the part that makes it the hardest is the long length of cycle, irregularity of cycle, spotting???? We are really hoping for this baby very soon. Does anyone have any advice, pointers, recommendations??? Greatly appreciated!
Bakermommy
poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, I think the average length of ttc is 12 months, most couples fall pregnant within 18 months of trying. If you periods are irregular and you are having irregular bleeding I would pop to the docs as you could have polycystic ovaries, I have this and my cycles are anything between 9 days to 65 days. As you have had 2 straight forward pregnancies so far, I'm sure its nothing to worry about Very Happy If you are concerned, healthy eating for both of you will help along with exercise, not smoking (both you and the father) etc xxx

bakermommy
Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:19 pm 
Post subject: Trying for baby #3
Thank you for your post and comments. We have been trying now since aug/sept 2012 so about 8-9 months now. I am aware that it can take up to a year sometimes 18 months to successfully become pregnant. Our other 2 children came so fast that we didn't prepare ourselves for it taking this long. I never had much trouble with irregular cycles until stopping the birth control patch back in july 2012. I was on the birth control pill which is basically the same in between our 1st and 2nd pregnancies. My cycles just seem to be all over the place, a cycle can be 40 days two times in a row then change to 38 then back to 40 then 32 and then 40 again. My doctor started me on clomid back in march cause he thought I was expereincing irregular ovulation. I also started taking added folic acid and zinc to help with my reproductive organ function and healthy along with my daily prenantal vitamin. I am due to test this weekend.. If positive then make appoitnment to begin prenatal visits and if negative then I have to get a presription for a med that will bring on my period cause going beyond the 35 day cycle my doctor said isn't good. I am hoping clomid will be the answer for us. I will also mention polycystic ovaries to my doctor if we continue to be unsuccessful... I know it is going to happen one of these times I just hope soon... I know my husband and I would just be comforted to know it happend and everything is ok. It will be a huge weight lifted off my shoulders when we are successful... praying for baby
poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:40 pm 
Post subject:
It sounds like you have a plan in place which is good, I'm a big planner and don't like it when things are out of my control. It sounds like you have a sympathetic doctor, they wouldnt listen to me at all in terms of TTC and long cycles, but hopefully I won't have to worry about that side of things now Smile

Fingers crossed for a positive result this weekend, good luck!!!xxx

bakermommy
Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:55 pm 
Post subject:
thank you so much for your kind message and wonderful words of encouragement! I am very confident in my doctor, he specializes in fertility apointments and wants everything to come out successful in the end.. He is an asset to women's health I believe. I am staying positive.. I am very much like you a big time planner... I have to know what is going on and do all I can to make happen what needs to happen.. I was also thinking of investing in a fertility monitor if we didn't get pregnant this time, I guess I will wait and see, there has to be a light at the end of this long tunnel Smile Thanks again so much
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Waiting to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular