Please help!!!!!

FairyFloss
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:36 am 
Post subject: Please help!!!!!
Hello everyone I need help!!
I'm 19 and just found out I'm pregnant. I haven't yet told my parents, I'm scared of how they are going to react. I'm the only girl out of 8 kids so dad has always been very protective over me. How do I tell him??

This is obviously my first time being pregnant and I am soooooo sooooo scared. Is there anything I should know at the moment? I just found out today and I have been on the internet every since. Please help me... I have no else to ask...
hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:52 pm 
Post subject:
I was 18 when I found out I was pregnant and turned 19 10 days after having my daughter.
You need to get an appointment with a midwife (if you're in the UK you can do this through being referred through your doctor)

I wrote my parents a letter if i'm honest, I managed to get everything down in it so it didn't cause an argument as I wasn't there and you don't forget to say things. Reassure them you've worked everything out and that you have a plan (I advise you make one haha)

It may seem scary right now but soon enough you'll be surrounded by little babygrows and things and will be so excited!

Feel free to message me. My little girl is 13 months now and i'm 20! xx
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:57 pm 
Post subject:
Wow congratulations! I'm in Australia actually. My doctor just told me to go and get an ultrasound in 4 weeks and said nothing else bar take a pregnancy multi vitamin. Sound I go out and find a midwife or when I do the ultrasound everything will work out from there? I'm sorry I'm asking so many questions the only person I know I can ask is my sister in law and my partner has asked it to be just between us until the scan....
FairyFloss
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:00 pm 
Post subject:
Ohhh another quick question... I'm 6-8 weeks pregnant and I have to pee atleast every hour now will it get worse the further I get? Oh I hope not haha
hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:07 pm 
Post subject:
I'm not actually sure how it works elsewhere! I'd wait for your scan yes, it seems rather early as we have them at 12 weeks in the UK but i'm guessing that's how its done over there.
You need to be careful what you eat (although sometimes this can be down to personal opinion) but things like whippy ice cream, smithies (from a machine), certain fish, pate, etc are forbidden!
Energy drinks, caffeine, etc also forbidden, it says all of this somewhere within the forum, make use of all of it, I was obsessed with Askbaby when pregnant haha

Don't worry about the questions, im actually going into midwifery because I love it all so much!

I don't remember needing to go to the loo often but if you feel anything else go and check you don't have a UTI, or something which are common in pregnancy. I have a good bladder so being pregnant didn't bother it. Don't hold it in though Smile
Oh and you probably wont show until you're around 20 weeks unless you have a washboard stomach so you have a while to work things out Smile xx
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:14 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you . I think I have read about 10 articles on 'what not to eat' with in 24 hours haha. Though I'm not vegan or vegetarian I do not like to eat red meat... Should I start to try and stomach it? And is it safe to take iron supplements while pregnant ( I'm less then 40% deficient). It should be about 12 weeks once I have the scans, have to wait 4 weeks to go and get them.
hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:26 pm 
Post subject:
Of course haha!
I'm not sure, in the UK we have a booking appointment with a midwife where they take all of your details, your partners and note your blood type, etc This is where they estimate your due date as well, mine was around 8 weeks which is normal here so perhaps you could ask your doctors receptionist this?
I personally wouldn't change my diet because I don't see why I should haha but it depends, everyone is different in what they feel is doing right.
I have something wrong with my uterus and was in constant pain so practically bed bound and constantly wanting chocolate one minute and salad sandwiches the next, its all I ate so I wouldn't feel bad about not eating red meat!
As far as your iron is concerned it should be included in your pregnancy vitamins? take a look as over here we're only given folic acid and have to buy whatever else ourselves.

In early pregnancy I lost my appetite completely and a lot of weight, if this happens to you and you feel generally rubbish I would take the iron supplement as it can make you feel rubbish for the entire 40 weeks otherwise, I'd just check with your pharmacist that you cant overdose on it.
xx
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:49 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks you honey. I'm sure ill have some more questions soon but for the time being ill leave it be so I don't get to overwhelmed. Thank you and will hopefully hear from you again soon
FairyFloss
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:21 am 
Post subject:
Hey luv I have another question for you if you don't mind helping me out again. I'm roughly 6-8 weeks and I'm having very sharp pains in my stomach abdomen area, sort of like period pains but much worse. Is this normal?
hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:32 pm 
Post subject:
Hello, I'm not too sure if i'm honest. You see because I have a funny shaped womb I wouldn't like to advise you on this because it is normal for my womb even when not pregnant.
Many women would possibly suggest it could be growing pain, ligaments pain, the baby attaching to the uterus, you may even get a small bleed from this. If it becomes actually painful then you should call the hospital or go down there.
Also without embarrassing you, I actually went to hospital around this time in agony and bleeding and scared. The bleeding was normal for my uterus but turned out being pregnant was messing with my intestines badly. So if you think you may need to go try eating a few digestive biscuits xx
Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:38 am 
Post subject:
Thank you. It is getting pretty bad, couldn't sleep last night and its getting too painful to move around to much I think I need to make a doctors appointment. Thank you again I'd be lost without you.
hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:06 pm 
Post subject:
If you ever feel like this you must go straight to a&e and not your doctors. They will do more for you, I don't feel doctors are capable of diagnosing where pregnancy is concerned xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular