Cows milk

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:58 pm 
Post subject: Cows milk
Alice is 9 1/2 ish months old now, I'm stuck at home with all the kids and was relying on her waste of space Dad to go the shop (that's 30 seconds away from where he lives on his way round to see the kids) when he gets back from work to get me some formula. There's no way I'm getting out tonight and he has said he's not going to go the shop as he is a massive tosser so do you think that just this once I'll be okay giving her a few oz of cows milk on her next feed? She's fully on solids now. I'm so angry he lives literally a few steps away from the shop and because he's in a mood with me, he is going to leave his daughter without formula tonight.

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:39 pm 
Post subject:
My friend had her little boy on cows milk grom around 9 months and he is fine.

Im sure it cant be too bad considering years ago they wouldnt have had formula and if women didnt breastfeed that was the only alternative

Cant believe the Dad, what a git!

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:45 pm 
Post subject:
In Holland they used to have babies go to cows milk at 12 months. Now its 10 months, so I'm sure she will be fine, she just might not like the taste Smile xxx

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:05 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks girls. I gave her a bit and she was fine on it. He's just a total [*CENSORED*] to be honest. I feel like stabbing him in the eye with a fork lol

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:38 pm 
Post subject:
I think they dont recommend it before 12 months because its hard for them to digest, thats why you can give it to them in cooked food, the cooking/heating helps make it easier for children to digest. I can't see that it would do her any harm - you'd know if she was intolerant because formula is essentially made from cows milk too. Smile

It sounds like she was fine anyway, which is good.

and just to add: WHAT A T0SSER!! Sounds like you're well rid!

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:44 pm 
Post subject:
Lola was on it early because she just didn't like the taste of milk and dropped all of her bottles so I tried every milk going and it was fine for her, this was at 9 months possibly a little earlier. Smile

I hope you gave him **** for it!!
xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular