Sperm donor situation

Cleggy09
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:19 pm 
Post subject: Sperm donor situation
Hey everyone! Well I'm happy on my own in the 2 years I've been without someone I've gotten used to it and I just don't seem to have much luck, I know I'm young and it's not about me thinking I won't find anyone. I generally love my life the way it is as I have my own freedom and you loose that in relationships. I'm moveing out in 2 years and I want to do a sperm donor, I really want a brother or sister for Bella, but my family are so against it saying that the baby won't have a dad ect. I just wonder if that makes a huge difference because there are so many single mums who have no contact with their child's dad. It's really getting me down and I'm wondering if I'm doing the wrong thing. Abit of advice would be nice, but this for me is a sensitivities subject, with all do respect opinions are welcome but just tell me gently rather than blast me.
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:16 pm 
Post subject:
If I was alone and wanted a baby I'd rather use a sperm donor than either settle for a not so great relationship or have a one night stand like some people do Question
At least you know up front what you're in for and that its all on you Question
I'm sure some people would think it was wrong to deliberately conceive knowing that baby wasn't going to have a father but even in a relationship you never know what will happen ?
My ex turned round 3 1/2 yrs after we split and said he didn't want to see his kids anymore as he didn't want the responsibility Shocked So they ended up with no father even though I was in a relationship when i had them Rolling Eyes
So my OH now has been more of a father to them than he was and they're not biologically related Question and if i hadn't have met him then i would have carried on and done it on my own Smile
In an ideal world we'd all meet Mr Wonderful and he'd sweep us off our feet and we'd have a family and stay together and live happily ever after, but how often does that happen Rolling Eyes Laughing so you just do te best for you with what you've got Smile xx
Cleggy09
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:51 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you, this is exactly my point, I'd rather not decide to have a baby with another man then he walk out if the child's life, people just seem to live in the dark ages and think all children should have two parents, I think my daughter has enough just from me it would be the same for another xxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:38 am 
Post subject:
In my honest opinion a sperm donor seems a lot safer. The only other options as previously stated are getting in a relationship. In this instance the guy might not want a child so you still won't get your baby. The other is a one night stand which means putting your health at risk. As you said there are plenty of mums out there who had children in a relationship and they now have no contact with the biological father. And due to privacy regulations I'm pretty sure the child is entitled to the donors details once they reach 18. You don't have that gauruntee(sp) even in an (at the time) loving relationship. Good luck with whatever you decide Smile
Zacky was born June 26th 2011
Pip was born October 17th 2012
Spencer was born 5th August 2013 (6 weeks early)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Single Parents All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular