Question about contraceptive pill??

Polkadotty
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:41 am 
Post subject: Question about contraceptive pill??
Does it take longer to get pregnant if you haven't been on the contraceptive pill for a few years? I used to be on the pill about 3 years ago but came off as it was breaking my skin out non stop so decided the pill wasnt for me and just been using condoms ever since. But I feel they if I hadn't of come off the pill until I started ttc I may of been pregnant by now, I'm not sure if this will be correct. Does it happen quicker when you just come off the pill?
mummy2010
Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:00 pm 
Post subject:
I don't think it makes a difference to be honest.

I was on the pill and i came off it in the August and fell pregnant in Sept (unfortunately ended in mc) so that was pretty quick, but it then took until October the following year to fall pregnant with my daughtetr. But after i had my daughter i went onto the depo injection and when i came off that in Feb it took me until December to get a BFP, which also unfortunately ended in mc (I dont believe either of these were linked to the contraceptive) but then in Feb i found out i was pregnant again. So off personal experience i don't think coming off contraception would speed up the process. Wow that was long winded Embarassed
Good luck! Hope it happens soon for you x

Mummy & Daddys little angels 05.12.08 & 01.01.13 Never Forgotten xx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:19 pm 
Post subject:
I dont see any reason why it would take longer to fall pregnant if you havent been on the pill for years??
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:25 pm 
Post subject:
I was on the pill until 3 months before we started trying....and we're still going 2 1/2 years later Rolling Eyes

Don't think it makes much difference either way tbh.
Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:23 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for all your replies. I was unsure whether it made much of difference as my sister was on the pill for longer than me and the first month of trying she fell pregnant do was curious to see if any others had too. Mummy2010 so sorry about your mc must be so hard, thanks for good luck hopefully soon il have a positive.
mummy2010
Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:49 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Polkadotty, they were hard at the time but now I look at it as if they hadn't happened I wouldn't have my beautiful girl or little fella on the way. Everything happens for a reason.
Keep positive, it will happen for you Smile

Mummy & Daddys little angels 05.12.08 & 01.01.13 Never Forgotten xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular