**TMI** - is this normal in the first trimester?

Amymel86
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:25 am 
Post subject: **TMI** - is this normal in the first trimester?
Hi Ladies

OK, I feel the need to warn you as this post may be TMI!! – so stop reading if you don’t want to hear about ‘downstairs stuff’!

Background -
I will be 11 weeks on Sunday and have suffered 3 miscarriages in the past 15 months (the last being a missed miscarriage, picked up at our 12 week scan) – so understandably, I am quite nervous about this pregnancy too.

I just wanted to check a few things as to whether they are ‘normal’ or not?

The first thing is that I am sometimes getting sharp tummy pains – they don’t hang around long, literally as soon as I realise I’m having one and by the time my hand goes to my tummy, the pain has gone. I haven’t had any ‘bleeding’ (only one case of minute pinkish discharge – once a few weeks back).

The second thing is (this is the TMI part) I am almost constantly wet ‘down there’ and when I wipe there is nearly always stringy ‘bogey-like’ discharge – sorry, I don’t know how else to describe it!!

Is that normal???
Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:16 am 
Post subject:
All sounds normal to me Very Happy The sharp pain you are talking about from what Ive researched online is something called round ligament pain its where the ligaments are stretching to accomodate everything growing. I get them myself quite a bit, had some only this morning when I got up from the dentist chair. Sometimes towards the end of the day I also get an achy feeling kind of in my sides. As for the discharge yep that sounds normal too, Ive definately got more than usual. It worries me all the time and I normally have to go to the loo to have a check Laughing
When will your scan be?x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:43 am 
Post subject:
Agree with Nutty. I had to wear panty liners all through my pregnancies cause I constantly felt like I had let a bit of wee out but it wasnt.

I was convinced that every bit of pain I felt was a m/c but most of the time its your body stretching ready for your baby to grow

XXMrsSXX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:06 pm 
Post subject:
i get both of these too, pains and discharge, and had a scan yesterday and bubba was there, wriggling around and heart beating away Smile Smile
I panicked everytime i got pains, but as long as they dont last i feel it should be ok xx
xxx
Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:53 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Ladies – that has really helped to put my mind at rest!

My scan is on 7th May Nutty... I’m both looking forward to and dreading it at the same time as the last one was so awful!

I have had an early scan at 8 weeks because of my history and there was a little heartbeat – but the baby wasn’t really recognisable at that stage.
Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies,

Sorry to butt into your conversation ladies!!! I have just found out yesterday I am pregnant after my 2nd IVF cycle and I have been getting all of those aches & pains etc.. for the last week. I was worried my AF was going to arrive at any time. So Im glad I read this post and has put my mind at ease that its quite normal.

xx
wickytavs
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:19 pm 
Post subject:
Amymel and Shellypad it's so lovely to read of things going so well for you both after what you've both been through. Wishing you all the best in your pregnancies xx
Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:39 pm 
Post subject:
Aww, everyone's so nice on here! Very Happy

Jump to:  

Community

Popular