Feeling your baby move..

izzy0308
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:14 am 
Post subject: Feeling your baby move..
Hi

I am 16 weeks pregnant and have not yet felt the baby move. I have been a book worm while being pregnant and have read this can happy as early as 14 weeks and up to 20 weeks. I wondered if people could share there experiances so I have a general idea as to when is the average time, how it feels and what to be expecting. I know it sounds daft but I dont know how it is going to feel to know if I have felt my baby move. some people say it is like the butterfly feeling (the feeling in your stomach when on a rollercoaster..) and that you will "know" when you feel it.

xxxxx
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hey, i am 18 weeks now and still havent felt my baby move. I cant wait, everytime i think i have feel something it ends up being wind!! lol. Confused

Its so frustrating xx
izzy0308
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:33 pm 
Post subject:
I think thats my problem to! just a little bit of wind and everytime i turn over in bed im saying come on baby lets feel you.. my partner is excited to because I think its the next thing to look forward to after your first scan! He says I read to much in to things tho! lol

Let me know when you feel something! =)

xxx
cardea
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:46 pm 
Post subject: wiggly baby
Hi ! I felt my baby move at 15 weeks - it felt like butterflies - i was'nt convinced at first that it was the abby i thought it was wind or something, but it kept doing it and i soon was able to distinguise between baby wiggles and wind. Having said that, my friend was 4 weeks further on from me ( she had a little baby girl 3 days ago ! ) and did not feel her baby move until 22 weeks. Everyone is different adn i also think it can depend on the posiiton of the baby etc. Check ups with your midwife will confirm all is well with the baby if you have still not felt anything by 20/22 weeks also your 20 week scan will reassure you.

Take care X
Dev
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:54 pm 
Post subject:
I felt my baby move at 12 weeks. At that point, it was so tiny a movement that I had to lie on my tummy and have no noise or movement to be able to feel it. Now I'm at 20 weeks and I can feel it so strongly, I sometimes wonder why I can't see it on my tummy yet.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, though. My mother told me she couldn't feel me moving until she was 26 weeks! Every woman is different.
izzy0308
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:09 pm 
Post subject:
My mum said she first felt me at 12 weeks which I thought was really odd.. Nice to hear someone has felt it that strong to.

Your little one may end up being a footballer with them kicks!

thanks for your reply! =)
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:10 pm 
Post subject:
I felt my baby move first at 16 weeks very faintly at first but it's quite regular now espesh if my dog barks (it jumps!!!!) , if i sing, and at night when i'm in bed (it's woken me at 3am before!) or when i'm sitting with the laptop typing on here. I still can't quite describe what it feels like......not quite like a butterfly, more like a rumble if that makes sense. It's almost like wind but not a gurgly feeling just like a wriggle?! Sometimes it moves back and down towards my bum and it feels very odd! I think I am quite early to feel it as it's my first and my book says i shouldn't until around 20 weeks but it can be felt much earlier.

I had to do a disciplinary hearing for a member of staff the other day and it was going mental because I was nervous about speaking!!!
Claire xxxx
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:18 pm 
Post subject:
with my second pregnancy i felt baby move at 12 weeks.
izzy0308
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:03 pm 
Post subject:
You see we have one of the these baby record books and you are meant to record everything you feel etc etc.. 1 being the first time the baby moves.

And.. although it sounds discusting everytime i tend to think I have felt something it is usually just wind.. and I know this because it is followed by passing wind.. lol! Sorry for the detail!

However.... last night I felt this bubbly feeling and felt it again in the same place I said to my partner it is odd to be in the same place if it is wind.. and I must have a lot of it over the past couple of days to keep feeling these bubble like feelings and not to "pass wind!" Embarassed

I dont want to write it in my book yet cos I cant distinguish if it is the real thing or not! but ther is alot of activity in that region either way!!

Very Happy xxx
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:28 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Jazmine....'bubbly' is definitely a word i can use to describe the feeling!!!!!! Sounds like you got a wriggler! I put the doppler I got on my belly when i'm lying in bed and when I find the heartbeat I can hear and feel it wriggle simultaneously! xxxx
xtine1985BScHons
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:19 pm 
Post subject:
It just felt like wind to me at first and then one night I was lying on my bed watching tv and I felt a definite kick i pushed him back and got a kick in return and the nothing for three days then he started again and hasn't stopped since, he has his quiet days but I find if I'm worried lyring really still for a bit and having something really cold like an ice lolly or a really cold drink tends to wake him up!
As for seeing it on the outside it wasn't until 22 weeks for me and even then its only when he's really active and I'm just starting to determine whats what when I see things bouncing out of my stomach.
Now he's starting to respond to things I say or do he loves Bob Marley and jsut a few bars of reggae music starts him off! And when he's active we play the you poke me and I'll kick you back game quite fun to have a relationship with him already and he hasn't even come out yet!
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:58 am 
Post subject:
My hubby sang Baa Baa Black Sheep to my bump last night and it nudged him in the chin!!!! It's the first time he's felt it so it was very cute! xxxx
DaisyElla
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:38 pm 
Post subject:
hiya....

i keep feelin what i can oly describe as hunger pains mixed with butterflys and bubbles lol
does this sound about right?
xx
MummaT
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:41 pm 
Post subject:
I think I felt something the other day but I'm only 12weeks so not sure thats its not too early really. Most of the books and internet things I've read say its about 16 weeks that you really feel the baby move, so maybe it was just something else. I can't wait to feel some of the things that being talked about though, like play poke and kick! How exciting
CL
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:12 pm 
Post subject: baby moving
I was about 19 weeks when i felt baby move for me it felt like a rumble if that makes sense but whatever it was it was the most wonderful thing ever. My husband felt baby at the wkend and his face was a picture, I could hav cried.I'm now 21 wks & 3 days. feels like such along time to wait but i'm sure it goes quick??? Take care all mums to be xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular