Multiple trements for abnormal cells ?

youcanhumpmyleg
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:47 pm 
Post subject: Multiple trements for abnormal cells ?
Just got my loop diathermy results and I have to go back in June for another colopscopy ..... So this sounds like they didn't get it all the first time !!!! Anyway just wondering if any ladies have had a loop done more then twice ????
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya, I had one loop diathermy, then a follow up colonoscopy but no diathermy crikey about 12 years ago Shocked

They said it was just a follow up, then I had to have 6 monthly smears for 5 years so dont always think the worst hun. But they should have explained it to you. You could always try and ring the consultants secretary?
Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:45 pm 
Post subject:
It was the secretary I spoke too, only think what's got me worried is they said of all margins were clear I wouldn't be back till October : / so there obv not clear Sad thinking the worse !!! This is driving me mad
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:43 pm 
Post subject:
How old are you if you don't mind me asking Smile I've had the works, loops, lasers, cold coagulation, cone biopsy from age 18-21 then was told at age 29 that it was all unneccessary as it was probably just my body naturally changing and it would have sorted itself out without treatment! I'm not against it all and I'm not bothered I had it done so I'm not saying it might not have prevented anything as I know it could have lead to cancer maybe and lots of women die from it, we are very lucky to have the treatments available, don't worry about it though and just get it done and then it's sorted I'm sure you'll be fine xx
donzy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:55 am 
Post subject:
thatonethere wrote:
How old are you if you don't mind me asking Smile I've had the works, loops, lasers, cold coagulation, cone biopsy from age 18-21 then was told at age 29 that it was all unneccessary as it was probably just my body naturally changing and it would have sorted itself out without treatment! I'm not against it all and I'm not bothered I had it done so I'm not saying it might not have prevented anything as I know it could have lead to cancer maybe and lots of women die from it, we are very lucky to have the treatments available, don't worry about it though and just get it done and then it's sorted I'm sure you'll be fine xx

I'm 35 now. All a distant memory to me. Very traumatic at the time though. I'm a health care professional and I wish that others explained and ensure you understand what is happening so you don't walk away in a blind panic
Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:14 pm 
Post subject:
It was a while ago for me too, I've had no problems since, all clear since and 3 children Smile
MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:53 pm 
Post subject:
I think that the phrases that they use are the scary things. Considering it is a small minority of precancerous cells that actually develop into cancer if left untreated, it is a strong phrase to use (as most sort themselves out). I had mine all done 4 years ago, and they treated me so quickly that the process was not scary, just how they explained things. I've not had any probs since... although I am somewhat behind on my 6 monthyly smears now I have had my baby. I assume they will call me up when needed...!

Hope everything is OK for you.

xx

youcanhumpmyleg
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:10 pm 
Post subject:
thanks for the info guys & advice. im just hoping in june when i go back that no more trement is needed but then again i hope i get sorted so i can ttc baby no.2 !! i just hope i dont have to go round in circles for years with this Sad its been soooo draining xx
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:14 pm 
Post subject:
I conceived 4 months after having mine done hunni

xx

youcanhumpmyleg
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:20 pm 
Post subject:
thats really good Smile) i would try for a baby now but want to get an all clear first which may not be for a while : / xx
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:24 pm 
Post subject:
I didn't wait for my follow up colposcopy... I went to the appt but they didn't do it bc I was pregnant, then my first examination with them after baby number 1 was clear so got referred back to gp smears instead of hospital xx

youcanhumpmyleg
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:35 pm 
Post subject:
i wouldnt be so bothered if it was low grade, but they found cin2-cin3 from my leep : / so a little scared that it would progress if i got pregnant haha. im paranoid i know xx
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:37 pm 
Post subject:
that's what I had. they avoid treating you if it is anything less xx

youcanhumpmyleg
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:43 pm 
Post subject:
As if it cleared up Smile that's reassuring to know !!! It's 4 weeks since my leep and its the first day I haven't had to wear a pad thank god ! I was gonna write to always and tell them i need shares in company haha
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular