dont know where to post this sorry!

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:16 pm 
Post subject: dont know where to post this sorry!
[i]I was going to post in feeding and weaning but it's not really about feeding..

I have said since the beginning I would only feed Alice in the hospital and was formula feeding when I got home. Instead o've fed her for a couple extra days and only put her on bottles this morning Smile very happy shes had that bit extra extra but my word I have never felt pain like it haha. (I will have done but 3 years is long enough to forget haha)

Is there anything I can do for the pain??? Other than paracetamol? I'm quite big chested and feel like ive got 2 rock hard boulders stuck under my arms!! X
Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:58 pm 
Post subject:
If you are saying you are stopping breast feeding completely then I suggest wearing a very good supporting bra. Do not touch them at all and yes take paracetamol. They used to give women Epsom salts to stop milk production back in the day but not anymore.
Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:57 pm 
Post subject:
I thought you were meant to wean them off it?
I never did, I just stopped but mine was still colostrum at this point. Do you think that's why they might be so painful?
Sorry that's my only suggestion because I had a section and was on very strong pain medications so never felt a thing haha
xx
Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:12 am 
Post subject:
I have heard the Epsom salts thing.. My mother in law kept telling me to get some.. But the side effects dont sound great..

They are just getting worse and leaking like mad... Feel like ive had a boobs job this morning... >< x
Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:58 am 
Post subject:
Very very tight bra, paracetamol and time!

Don't express or anything that encourages supply. Just let them leak and wait. But that bra must be tight!

Good luck x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:29 pm 
Post subject:
ok don't laugh (of you can but then do it lol)

put some green cabbage leaves in the freezer for an hour or so and then put them down your bra Very Happy

Also, take a VERY VERY hot shower and massage your breasts in a downward motion

Or lay a very very hot flannel over them.

I had the same problem and thought I'd maybe started with mastitis so I expressed (a little) off every 5 or 6 hours for a couple of days, if you don't have a electric pump you can do it manually.

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:15 pm 
Post subject:
i remember the cabbage thing actually i did it with charlie haha, my mum brought me a cabbage when i came home from the hospital.. it works but the leaves go slimy... >< lol!!

paracetamol and tight bras have been a life saver for the past few days.. fingers crossed most of the pain has gone now.. Smile xx
Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:50 pm 
Post subject:
Well that's great that it has started working for you! I have never heard of any of these techniques but I will have to try them soon. Best of luck!

-----------------------------
Julie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular