Constant upset stomach

Maiyasmummy17
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:26 pm 
Post subject: Constant upset stomach
Has anyone had this? I'm 17 weeks and I've had it for over a month now Sad

I get horrendous stomach cramps and its almost like I can feel it moving through my intestines then I literally have to run to go to the loo! Im scared to eat anything because I end up with stomach ache and then I literally have to run to the bathroom! I thought your digestion slows down so your body could absorb all the nutrients, mine seems to want to get it out ASAP!

I never had this before so I can't understand why I have it?! I didn't think this was something to do with pregnancy?!

I'm seeing my midwife soon so will ask but just thought I'd post on here too!
Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:30 pm 
Post subject:
I went into hospital around 8 weeks because I was in excruciating pain and bleeding. Bleeding was normal for my dodgy uterus but embarrassingly enough me thinking the pain was something dreadful it was actually me needing the loo!! haha
All the way through with Lola I could never go and was in constant agony but if I sat down and ate around 3 digestives it was fine Smile
Im still the same now unfortunately, although I did have a section so I guess that had something to do with this xx
Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:22 pm 
Post subject:
I had a pretty dodgy tummy in early pregnancy but not that late or bad! I would ask your MW or go to the DR/MW sooner if you're worried. Fingers crossed it gets better soon.
Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:41 am 
Post subject:
I would go to your doctor about this. I know pregnancy can affect digestion either way but as its been going on so long it may not be pregnancy related. For example IBS can act in a similar way and you can start with that at anytime in your life.

Best get checked as you may be suffering with something treatable.
Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:08 pm 
Post subject:
At my scan on Thursday the midwife said my bump is not a bump as such, its just my intestines and bowel have relaxed causing the bump. She said women either get constipated by this or diarrhoea, which I have had intermittently.

Where as when I was carrying HArry I was constipated mostly
Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:50 am 
Post subject:
My bowel movements are all over the place at the moment Embarassed Embarassed One minute things are fine, then its constipation then its constant upset stomachs. Currently its the later.:/
Guru Member
Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:14 pm 
Post subject:
I read my pregnacare box tonight (Bit late)also states on there take on full stomach. I have taken on empty stomach so that could be a cause as well

Jump to:  

Community

Popular