MMR during pregnancy?

kayleyfluffybabyBUM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:50 pm 
Post subject: MMR during pregnancy?
Hi, at my 6 week postnatal check with my daughter (November 28th 2012) I got an implant in. Unbeknownst to us we conceived around Christmas daya month later. January 4th 2013 (thinking I was safely not pregnant and wouldn't be any time soon) I had the first round of a course of MMR jabs as I'm not immune to rubella. Since finding out about the pregnancy at the end of February at 11+1 we haven't really been told anything in regards to possible side effects from having the MMR. Nor has the MMR board been in touch like we were told they would be! Has one been through/know someone who has been through this? Any info at all would be appreciated, thank you for taking the time to read Smile
Zacky was born June 26th 2011
Pip was born October 17th 2012
Spencer was born 5th August 2013 (6 weeks early)
hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:25 pm 
Post subject:
I should think its safe in sure they offer the mmr through pregnancy now? Because measles and rubella for example can cause major defects for the foetus. Xx
Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:34 pm 
Post subject:
I'm not sure about having it through pregnancy as they advise you not to get pregnant for at least 3 months after the jab due to possible side effects it can cause to the foetus :/ My nurse did advise that it could potentially cause similar to actually contracting rubella but on a lesser scale, a week later she said she wasn't sure of the statistics as to how much harm would be done if MMR is given in the first four weeks, I've heard nothing since then.
hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:07 pm 
Post subject:
IM actually studying this now haha! My tutor is a scientist and said that the virus cause serious defects to the vital organs which are currently growing at that time and obviously as you said the mmr may give a lesser effect! He showed us a table of the stages a baby develops, perhaps you could google one and work out which part of your baby was growing at that time. But obviously this doesn't mean anything is wrong. Xx
Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:20 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you, I'l do a search Smile I know the chances of anything being wrong are pretty low but I would rather know exactly what could be wrong just in case. That way there's no shocks when baby arrives. Again thank you, you have been really helpful Smile
michelletv
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:35 am 
Post subject:
Try not to worry yourself over things you dont have any control over. the worrying might do more harm to the baby than the mmr.
have faith and believe that your baby will be okay, besides there is a very low percentage that something could be wrong in the first place.
take care
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular