Took out the Mirena.. Need Advice plz!

Dragonfly69
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:17 am 
Post subject: Took out the Mirena.. Need Advice plz!
Im really wanting one more baby.. But, don't know how long it will take to get prego after taken out the Mirena (May 11th,2012).. Had a period after that for a wk and after had spotting on and off(till May 21,2012) No period yet.. Question Has anyone had the Mirena and know how long it takes to get prego after off???
I have till Oct. to do sooo.. My hubby is gettin fixed, so he said we have till October 2012.. What do I do to help my chances?? I thought i was already but, took blood test today and got >5 from kaiser.. So, im not prego, i guess.. Had signs but, probably my mind.. Please anyone advise!!
EarthAngelMama
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:53 am 
Post subject:
with the mirena your fertility returns imediately as the hormone in it is a small localised one. meaning it doesnt enter the blood stream affecting the bodys hormone structure.thus meaning it doesnt affect your fertility.
so if no period yet i would test just to make sure your not pregnant already. if the test is negative then your body may just be settling into not having something inside the uterus.

just a question for you (i currently have the mirena in) did you have any side effects when you had your mirena in? x
Monkey 3 04/11/11 (Girl)
Dragonfly69
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:05 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah, i knew that about the Mirena.. We are still trying to get prego. I took more test and all came back neg. and Havin prego signs.. Kinda just forgot about tryin and just goin along with it, i guess i would say so i dont wrry about it to much..
Still havnt had a period from the time the mirena was taken out.
The mirena was nice the first yr but, after that i started gettin depressed, gaining weight, felt blown up all the time..
Now i feel better, so much better..
EarthAngelMama
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:58 pm 
Post subject:
hmmm i don't know then.
perhaps wait until two months after removal to see if you get a period and then if not test again, if it's negaitve then go to see your GP as the whole 'thing' about the mirena is that its super efficent as a contraceptive but doesnt affect your fertility so when you remove it everything should go back to normal.

i got mine taken out in the end as well, been out just under a week and already i'm feeling happier, more energetic and more like the old me.
hope you get some answers soon. x
Monkey 3 04/11/11 (Girl)
ruth1980
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:32 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, I thought I would just add to this rather then writes new thread. I want to get my mire name coil out as me and my partner have decided to try for another baby, however I went on the internet last night and saw loads of stories of how after they mirena lots of women have miscarriages, I was never told this by the doctor or nurse when I had it 2 years ago. Is this true or is this just internet stuff, I've stressed myself out about this so much in the last 24 hours, I never had any problems withthe coil and now I'm panicking and wishing I never had it
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:00 am 
Post subject:
Lots of women do have miscarriages anyway , as many as 50% of very early pregnancies fail even before a period is due and most women never know unless they test early and about 1 in 5 confirmed pregnancies end in a miscarriage, its sad but that's just how it is Sad
I suspect that the women you read about would have miscarried anyway but because they'd recently had the coil out they blamed that for it Question
The hormonal effects leave your body quite quickly within as little as 48hrs so I can't see why it would increase the m/c risk Question
With my last pregnancy I was on the mini pill until 13 weeks as I didn't even know I was pregnant and my son was fine Question
I'd try not to worry about something that might never happen, but if you're still concerned then maybe use condoms until you get your first proper period after the removal Question , once your cycle comes back then you know your hormones must be back to normal Smile x
ruth1980
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:10 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, well as usual I was worrying for the wrong reason. Went to have the coil removed today and the nurse was very reassuring. However when it came to the removal she couldnt find the string, I'm booked in for an apointmant in 2 weeks tie to see if the doctor can find it if that fails the nurse said I will have to have it removed in hospital.I never thought this part of trying to conceive would take so long. Slightly regretting the coil today.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:03 pm 
Post subject:
Oh that's not good is it, I hope they can find it quickly and remove it for you xx
ruth1980
Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:10 pm 
Post subject:
Just posting so if anyone else who has the mirena and seems this thread won't panic. The doctor got my coil out no problem and with minimum discomfort ( I did have a heavy bleed a few days later - I think like a period) so everything seems fine and I can graduate to the trying to conceive forums yayyyy Smile
ruth1980
Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:38 pm 
Post subject:
Just wanted to update this thread, in may I missed my period and had 5 positive pregnancy tests. Went to the doctor ontuesday who confirmed I was pregnant (8 weeks on Friday). I told her I was worried about falling pregnant straight away and was my womb lining to thin, she said tho the mirena thins the lining, as soon as it is taken mouth your body heals within 24/48 hours. She said there is no need to wait before trying. Smile
mand136
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hi i had the mirena coil fitted to try and regulate my af after having my baby in july,all it did was give me raging headaches and i couldnt believe the weight gain! I was told when i had it removed that i would be back to normal pretty much straight away,didnt believe them to be honest but i had mine removed on the 5th of april,felt ov pains a couple of days later and got a pos preg test 4 days before af was due and we are expecting twins and im 9 weeks now Smile
Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:28 am 
Post subject:
I removed the Mirena March 23, menstruated April 15 and I just got a positive pregnancy test May 14. I am a doctor and after reading some of the other postings, I think that many people don't realize how much of a miracle pregnancy is.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular