Should I, shouldn't I?

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:26 pm 
Post subject: Should I, shouldn't I?
That phrase has been going around and around my head for weeks now and I've been lurking around on AB for days now...
I'm 38 this year and DH will be 39. Last pregnancy was full placenta previa (but thank goodness no complications).
Now I can't decide whether to have another child (we really want one) because, are we too old? Am I risking the babies health - we are too old. Will I get placenta previa again (had it with both, but first moved up) and this time with complications? Can I handle 3 kids? Find 2 busy enough! We have NO family over here, so no support. Plus the money..........
Argh.... Stupid I know... Sad

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:34 pm 
Post subject:
It all depends on you and your family and your situation... If you can afford another child, feel you have the support and strong relationship to cope with it and of course its what you both want, I don't see why you shouldnt. I don't think at 38/39 you are too old as long as you don't see it as a problem and you are healthy enough to cope with the demands of parenthood.

I don't know much about placenta pravia so I can't comment on that, but its worth looking into, if this is the only thing holding you back why don't you speak to your GP about it and get some advice?

We are stopping at 2, I always thought I would like to have 3 children, but financially, emotionally and logically it wouldn't work for us, we cant afford 3 sets of childcare during the school hols for instance and would have to change our car to be able to fit in 3 car seats etc etc xxx

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:49 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your reply Poppytops. I think we are going to go for it! Wink xxx

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:24 pm 
Post subject:
No worries Very Happy and of course, good luck Wink Laughing xxx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:16 pm 
Post subject:
I had PP in my fifth pregnancy I only had the one risk factor for it then and that was having had four previous pregnancies , I also had complete PP and had my first section , next time round I was worried I would have it again as supposedly having had a section is an added risk factor, but I didn't and didn't have it with number 7 either Smile
I wouldn't worry about the previous low lying placenta as that's very very common its not considered proper PP until the last trimester really as so many women have a placenta that's lowish at 20 weeks partly because your wombs still fairly small at that point so the odds are that at least part of the placenta will be near the cervix then and it almost always moves enough for a vaginal delivery .
As far as age goes I started TTC again at 40 so I don't think you're too old at all Laughing and as for one more child honestly I think the second is the hardest to adjust to and then any after that don't make much of a difference as you already have a routine and the baby tends to fit in with that rather than the other way round , good luck if you go for it x
sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:34 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your reply! Need to go buy my folic acid and prenatal vitamins tomorrow and then... Smile xxx

sammie23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:03 pm 
Post subject:
I don't think your too old at all, go for it follow your dreams as you wouldn't want to regret it later on! Xxxxx good luck with ttc

Jump to:  

Community

Popular