Ultrasound

MrsZargon
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:55 pm 
Post subject: Ultrasound
Hi Ladies, I had an ultrasound last week which didn't find anything to be worried about. But I was wondering if anyone could give me a theory on the following ...... I was on cd9 and the lady said she could see a dominant follicle on my right ovary measuring 9 not sure on the unit of measurement. She said she wouldn't have thought I would ov as early as cd12 as I had told her I normally have 26 day cycle as it was measuring what she'd expect for a traditional 28d cycle. So on d12 I got my usual ov pains but on the left side not the right? (usually an opk backs up ov on d12 but I didn't do them this month) so did I ov from the left side and not the right as she suggested? I'm very confused! And does that mean my egg wasn't quite ready as it only measured 9 on cd9? Or am I actually ov-ing later and having less than 14 days between ov and AF?

Any theories welcome x
happyhell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:36 pm 
Post subject:
I'm not knowledgeable at all on things like this hon. I didn't know you could feel which side you ovulated on. Good luck x x x
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:38 pm 
Post subject:
I'm not knowledgeable at all on things like this hon. I didn't know you could feel which side you ovulated on. Good luck x x x
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:52 pm 
Post subject:
hey hun, usually for a follicule to be mature it needs to be approx.16- 18mm, and they prob grow around 1-2mm a day (or so I was told)so by that you would ovulate on cd16, so you would have a 10day LP (which is classed on the shorter side but still on the normal limit) I found that when I got ov pain it was sometimes 4-5 days before I ovulated and 2days after a positive opk. I would say ultrasound is more accurate at guestimating which side you ovulate from rather than just pains themselves... do u take your temp? this would help you learn more about your cycle and help with timings Smile xxxxx
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:38 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks or your replies. MrsS can I clarify did you mean you got pos opk then 2 days later ov pain then 4-5 days after ov-d? So the ov was 6-7 days after pos opk? I'm slightly confused sorry! I haven't tried temps maybe I'll do that next month! Thanks x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:53 pm 
Post subject:
I'd agree the scan is much more accurate for saying which side you ov on ,I hardly ever get ovary pains on the left but get them on the right almost every month so I just presumed I almost always ov on the right but during my cannulation last year on cd10 my left ovary was covered in small follicles too and the doc said they both looked really good , so obviously no pain doesn't mean no activity Question
As far as ov timing goes though there's no set time it takes for a follicle to grow a set amount the average is about 1-2mm a day and a mature follicle will be about 18-20mm but itsonly an average, as someone else said though just because you get a pos LH surge test (OPK) it doesn't mean you ov that day it can be up to 72hrs later so if you get one on cd12 it could be cd15 before you ov Question
The pains can just be from the follicle maturing rather than actual ov which is very tricky to pin down ,or from the corpus luteum forming after ov as well, BBT helps as you won't get a rise until after ov ,but unless you did it every month you still wouldn't know for sure as it can take longer one month than another, even when I was doing OPK's and BBT's I often only pinned it down to one of two days ,cm can help though as your cervix closes and cm starts to change around 24 hrs after ov sochecking that can helpa longside OPK's
You could still ov as late as cd16 though with a 26 day cycle and be considered to have a normal luteal phase ,so I wouldn't worry about it too much ,one of the best ways to make sure you cover every possibility might just be to BD every other day as long as you have clear cm Question xx
Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:23 pm 
Post subject:
I am the same as you Mrs Zargon in ref to the 26 day cycle. When ive gone to the doctor they always seem to base it on 28 day cycle even though i say i am not on that length so have not gone back for further test as was so annoyed.

I was wondering if anyone might know why now and again my cycle changes to 27 days cycle or 28 day cycle. Not stressed or changing my diet so dont know why this happens. I might see about getting to my doctor to see why it happens.

I ov on day 13 when im either length of my cycle and it shows up on ov test ive been doing as well.On alternate months i feel pain like period pain so we baby dance but yet to become pregnant. I think OH was feeling stress as i said that i cant be bothered and now the baby dancing has changed so you never know it may happen.
MrsZargon
Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:23 am 
Post subject:
Hi Lindseylou, how do u know u definitely ov on d13? Do u do temps as well as opk? I guess what I'm most confused about now is the suggestion that I ov later than d12 despite pains on that day and pos opk usually on d11. If I have been ov-ing on d16 all this time then that perhaps goes some way to explaining why we haven't got pg yet as our bd-ing has been focused on d8-12 and rarely past that! We did it on d14 this month so fingers crossed! In terms of getting a 27/28 day cycle sometimes, I occasionally do as well but I guess our bodies don't always run like clockwork do I don't worry about it too much and on those months I get the ov pain a day or 2 later as well so generally expecting a slight delay.
Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:46 pm 
Post subject:
MrsZargon wrote:
Hi Lindseylou, how do u know u definitely ov on d13? Do u do temps as well as opk? I guess what I'm most confused about now is the suggestion that I ov later than d12 despite pains on that day and pos opk usually on d11. If I have been ov-ing on d16 all this time then that perhaps goes some way to explaining why we haven't got pg yet as our bd-ing has been focused on d8-12 and rarely past that! We did it on d14 this month so fingers crossed! In terms of getting a 27/28 day cycle sometimes, I occasionally do as well but I guess our bodies don't always run like clockwork do I don't worry about it too much and on those months I get the ov pain a day or 2 later as well so generally expecting a slight delay.

Sorry i havent been on here for a while. I have only used the cb ovulation test but not checked my temperature atall. Regardless of how long my cycle is it is always day 13 of that cycle and shows up on the clear blue test. I did have some cheaper ov test but they didnt show up anything atall any time of the month.
I have decided to see the doctor about why my cycle are changing days each motnh just to check everything is ok and im not ignoring something bad. I have had so many problems with smear test anything that changes im down the doctors like a flash but i am getting tired if it all now. I thought when we started trying for a baby i didnt really think TRYING would be so frustrating. My sister got pregnant the month she came of the pill and i am still here 4 years down the line. I should really find out what is wrong but it scares the Sxxxxx out of me incase they find something wrong. I already had cancer sacres and half my cervix removed so if i got pregnant at 6 months i would hvae to have a stitch to keep it there and will be high risk of miscarraige. I dont know if i can go through all that again i have had the all clear now last year and been told that it has grown back but just wont be a strong. Sigh bloody typical my body. Sorry for going on
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular