My partner is worried it could be him that is infertile

Polkadotty
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:44 pm 
Post subject: My partner is worried it could be him that is infertile
My partner is getting worried and upset that he could be infertile and that be the cause why we haven't conceived just yet. It's so hard to deal with as we won't know if deny thing is medically wrong until a year of trying. It's so hard to wait that long incase we don't conceive. Any advice would be fantastic.
xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:48 am 
Post subject:
It is a worry on both sides when you're wondering if there could be anything wrong. Get him to take a zinc supplement, they're really good to improve the quality of his swimmers. And try and BD every 2/3 days throughout your cycle, then if he does have a problem they've got time to build up again. How long have you been trying? Reassure him that it takes most 'healthy' couples an average of 12 months. And hard as it is, try not to put too much pressure on him.

xx

Polkadotty
Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:24 am 
Post subject:
We both take the vitabiotics supplements his ones are called wellman conception and they have all the vitamins in for healthy conception. We've been trying for 3 months and I know that isn't long but it scares us that because it happened yet it may because there is something wrong. We have been doing everything right it's just so frustrating and upsetting.
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:45 am 
Post subject:
Honestly after 3 months trying you have nothing to worry about and if anything spending time stressing about things this early on will do your bodies no favours. It could be down to a simple case of you havent got the timing right yet. Bare in mind that a normal couple with no problems at all only have a 20% chance of success each month.
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there, if this is a huge nagging worry for your partner then I suggest you have a SA done. I'd get him to see his GP and explain how stressed out he is by it and it may be they give him one for emotional reassurance. If not then maybe get it done privately, I think it costs in the region of £100 ?? Some of the other ladies on here might be able to confirm that.

Good luck x
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:08 pm 
Post subject:
N idea re private SA costs but worth speaking to his GP as MrsZargon said.
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:23 am 
Post subject:
Im really not sure the nhs would just send him for a sperm test after 3 months of trying :/ I think its more likely theyd say come back after 1 year.
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:22 pm 
Post subject:
I'd agree if he's that anxious have a private semen analysis, for men anxiety can affect performance and also their hormones like it can for us women, 3 months is no time at all as far as TTC goes as you only have about a 20% chance each month but it can feel like forever, if you can afford it and it helps him relax I'd have a private test .In a lot of countries they do routine tests as soon as a couple decide to try, no chance of that on the NHS and probably not needed anyway but for the sake of £60 to £100 for peace of mind a SA could well be worth it Question , or you could get one of those home dye tests of the internet, they only give you an idea of volume of sperm (they basically dye the sperm in the sample blue so you can see them ) and you need to not have sex for 3 days beforehand to get the best idea of normal quantity same as a SA and they give you no idea of morphology or motility but they also only cost a few pounds , good luck x
Polkadotty
Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:08 pm 
Post subject:
I've found SA test online priced at £39.99 will it be any good at this price.has anyone else used them before?
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:45 am 
Post subject:
I wouldnt trust an internet bought test to be honest, it could end up causing more stress and worry. Stick to a proper clinic.

Also why not concentrate on other things like buy some cheap ovulation tests from ebay to make sure you are doing the deed at the right time.
Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:44 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah I did think that there couldn't be accurate from the Internet. I've never tried ovulation tests as I normally know when I'm ovulating, but my cycle changed last month as I normally go 28 to 29 days but last month I went 32 and I think I ovulate on Monday the 22/04/13 when by the calculations from my period I should have ovulated on the 24/04/13 .ive been having regular sex every 2 to 3 days since the last day of my cycle as been trying not to track my cycles.
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:23 pm 
Post subject:
Id definately invest in the ovulation tests before anything else theyre the cheapest option and considering youve only been trying 3 months theres no need to get to intrusive with tests at this point. You never know you could be missing the crucial day for having sex. The only times I fell pregnant were the days I had sex on the day of a positive ovulation test which could have been easily missed without the tests.
Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:31 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah I think il give ovulation tests a go can only try and see how I get on with them got nothing to lose. I know we have been ttc for that long but kind of thought it would of happened and it petrifies me that what if something is wrong with either one of us. Sad it's just so hard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular