No news is frustrating!! Rant

TTC1stbaby
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:32 pm 
Post subject: No news is frustrating!! Rant
My clinic is making me so frustrated. I love the dr and the nurses but as far as office staff and contacting patients I hate them. I had my egg retrieval Wednesday and was told that they were only able to retrieve eggs from my left ovary bc my right was hidden behind my uterus by scar tissue. The dr said it wasn't an issue bc he got 10 decent looking eggs from my left. The office said they would update me daily on my eggs/embyros and let me know if the were going to do my transfer Saturday or Monday. They called me Wednesday and told me one had died and Thursday they called to tell me that they tried to fertilize 9 but so far only 5 took but the others could still fertilize. I waited all day Friday for a call and never recieved one. I am furious. They have a tendency to call after business hours and I waited and waited for word and still haven't recieved any. I left a message last night on their machine for after hour calls and was informed by the machine that by doing so I might be subject to a $25 fee. My right ovary is hurting bc is is full of eggs while my left one is feeling great. I am just frustrated. I googled my clinic and one patient had said that she was to do a transfer and hadn't heard back from the office by the first estimated transfer date (mine is today) and it was bc they didn't want to tell her that her embryos had all died! I can't keep my mind from thinking that no news is probably bad news!
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:36 pm 
Post subject:
Omg Shocked Shocked Thats shocking, Id be putting in a complaint and kicking up a stink. Our clinic called us every day before 8:30am without fail and kept us informed every step of the way. Are you in the uk or the states?
Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:26 pm 
Post subject:
I am in the states. I talked to a friend who knows many people who have used the same clinic I am working with. She said alot of them got calls between 6-9pm. Yesterday was an emotional day. I was extremely weepy (all day) and bawled my eyes out bc that was the 1st possible transfer date and I hadn't heard from them. They did call at 8:30 in the morning to let me know I have 4 embyros remaining. Two are 8 cells, and two have 10 cells and that they would do the transfer Monday. I still haven't gotten a time for tomorrow's transfer but they said they would call me today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular