Very embarrasing down below advice needed! TMI

Abbystar1
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:58 pm 
Post subject: Very embarrasing down below advice needed! TMI
Ok, here goes.... after I gave birth to my daughter nearly 3 years ago, I always felt different down below, this sounds awful but when I used to walk around say with my pjs on and no pants I could hear like a slapping noise as if my vagina was slapping together - awful and embarrassing Embarassed

I finally plucked up the courage to have a look one day, so got the mirror and had a look....well I was horrified. My vagina looks open and the edge of the hole is all jagged and messed up, but the worst part is that at the bottom of my vagina there is like a chunk of flesh hanging out, it is quite thick and doesn't hurt, I also saw a round lump on the somewhere just inside the opening. God its horrific.

I started googling, lots of things came up about prolapses etc and the pelvic floor muscles being damaged. I am pregnant again and was really worried that if I did have something wrong that it would affect the labour. I plucked up the courage to go and see the doctor, she had a look and said it was normal and there was no prolapse and her advice was to 'just don't look' yeah thanks for that.

How can pieces of flesh and lumps protruding outside the vagina be normal?! Has anyone experienced this? I feel so down about and don't think ill let my husband come near me again. Its only going to be worse after I give birth this time Crying or Very sad

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:28 pm 
Post subject:
Not sure!! Did you get stitched after first labour? If you did perhaps its from that.
I would get a second opinion and perhaps discuss it with your midwife if you feel comfortable she maybe able to help/have a look.
Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:29 pm 
Post subject:
Try not to worry hon. If you have full continence and no problems during sex ect I can't imagine it being anything untoward....

And after baby number two you can always get surgery if it worries you

X
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:31 pm 
Post subject:
Try not to worry hon. If you have full continence and no problems during sex ect I can't imagine it being anything untoward....

And after baby number two you can always get surgery if it worries you

X
Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:29 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks, its just such a shock when you dare to take that first look. Good idea speaking to the midwie, I think I will def mention it. I only had two stitches when my daughter was born and they were at the top, but Im beginning to think maybe I tore inside and maybe its scar tissue?!

I think once number 2 is out and more damage has been done, ill need to get a second oinion, maybe see a proper gyno xx Embarassed

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:42 am 
Post subject:
I wouldn't worry too much, if there is anything going on then perhaps it could be corrected if you need stitches again?
I not it could just be swollen due to your current pregnancy, thats very common! xx
Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:49 am 
Post subject:
There's a few things it could be, one is that your internal labia, the ones that don't grow hair Embarassed Laughing can actually swell or stretch after you've been pregnant, and can even end up different shapes and sizes to each other, some women find they actually protrude past the external set after having a baby, then you have the remains of the hymen which is four sort of triangular bits of flesh which also often swell and become more noticeable after you have a baby and while you're pregnant , that could be the "chunks" of flesh you saw , it is totally normal but it can be hard to cope with things down there looking different as well , as if all the other body changes that come with babies aren't enough to cope with Rolling Eyes
Chances are there won't be any extra changes this time,and you're less likely to have any stitches second time round as well and if your OH hasn't noticed it or said anything then I'd say it doesn't bother him at all Question
You can actually have cosmetic surgery down there , things like a labiaplasty , I think its even available on the NHS is there's a physical issue being caused (sometimes if the inner labia protrude a lot it can cause chafing and soreness etc. because the skin is very delicate)
But if you don't have pain during sex or any other problems then its probably just looks worse from being pregnant again xx
dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:55 pm 
Post subject:
The slapping thing.. could it be your thighs? I get that sometimes and I'm not even really that big. Just not very toned.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular