A random thought..

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:29 pm 
Post subject: A random thought..
Do or can animals/pets sense when their owner is going into labour. Does anyone have any experiences of theor own pets responding unusually to labour?

They train dogs to sense when a person is about to have an epileptic fit due to the smell of the owner caused by hormonal changes so surely they know that are labour is eminent too??

Just curious to know as ive noticed my cat wont leave my side atm do wonder if he knows im near the end of my pregnancy lol silly really but just a fun thought Laughing xx

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:42 pm 
Post subject:
My dog was stuck to me like glue the 2 days before I went in to labour. She also stayed with me whilst I was labouring at home. She's usually very much my ohs dog.

I don't know if she sensed something or perhaps I was acting different as was nearly 2 weeks overdue and getting ready to go to hospital regardless as was due to be induced.
Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:46 pm 
Post subject:
I dont think for a second im going to go into labour anytimw soon but my cat wonr leve me alone. In the last week his trips out have become alot shorter and he sleeps by my side all night. Its nice as I keep getting braxron hicks and his warmth eases them alot. I just wonder if they can sense pregnancy and labour.. they must be able to Laughing xx

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:49 pm 
Post subject:
I'm sure they know we're pregnant. My dog was always careful with my bump and she's normally very clumsy. She was not in a bit surprised when we came home with a Baby.
Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:02 pm 
Post subject:
Im just curious to see how my cat will be when labour is on its way or whilst im in labour lol xx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:47 pm 
Post subject:
My cats sat with me alot the last few weeks of my pregnancy... Now that shes here they wont even cone in the house except to eat? Lol it's like they can sense the change in atmosphere.. X

Jump to:  

Community

Popular