So scared

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:49 am 
Post subject: So scared
I had what I thought was AF on 29th March, but it was really light and only lasted 2 days. Took a few tests and BFN so I took it I wasnt pregnant. Now I am 10 days over what my longest cycle has been and no AF, or BFP.

I have the doctors tomorrow to try and find out whats going on, but I'm scared they wont take me seriously. I have heard of women being sent away and told to just wait out for their next cycle. I am going to omit the 'AF' at the end of march and make out I havnt had a period in 2 months, as if I am pregnant, I could only have conceived in March.

Im also scared to find out whats going on, if I am pregnant it is such bad timing, as I split with my bf Crying or Very sad (he kind of knows whats going on, but takes BFN as a definate) If i'm not pregnant, i'm worried its something serious. I have looked at reasons for changing cycles, but things like thyroid problems, and PCOS tend to happen over time, not suddenly.

Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:29 am 
Post subject:
I know its the hardest thing but try not to worry hun as if your not pregnant and simply having an off month with your cycle then worrying will delay things even more and stress you out.

I have had really random months where I'll be up to 2 weeks late sometimes. Have to admit that since I've been on the pill I've been fine but before I could go 12 months easily being right on track then all of a sudden a month where I'd be well over.

Of course we've all heard cases of BFN's turning out to be BFP's but if the AF on the 29th of March was around the time it was supposed to be coming then sounds to me like there might just be some kind of little hormonal change. Have you been ill or stressed or anything? These can change patterns.

Good ol' Mother Nature Mad

xx
Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:47 am 
Post subject:
Try to stay calm hun, I know easier said then done as I've been through similar with 10 months of no AF AND BFN. Although Pcos generally happens gradually mine just happened. Probably triggered by the hormonal changes from having my eldest. I had no signs or symptoms before that and my cycle was always a normal regular 28 days. After birth I had one AF 4 weeks after lochia stopped then nothing for 10 months. Good luck I hope everything turns out ok for you.
Zacky was born June 26th 2011
Pip was born October 17th 2012
Spencer was born 5th August 2013 (6 weeks early)
sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:12 pm 
Post subject:
Hi. I'm sorry to hear about the breakup with your boyfriend.

Could it be that AF was light in March and nothing since because you are stressed? I remember once I was having such a bad time of things (years ago) that my period stopped for about 4 months.

Big hug & hope all is okay.
xxx

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:38 pm 
Post subject:
The AF at the end of March was really no more then spotting, a little bit on a tampon, and a pd over the 2 days. Only brown goo. I usually get 2 days of bleeding, red with little clots in, then red to brwon spotting over the next 2 days. (sorry if tmi)

I havnt been stressed any more then I have been before, and my cycles have been regular since coming off the pill last year, and even when I have taken the pill they have gone regular straight away.

I hadnt really given much thought to my cycle this month, until I realised i was a day past my longest cycle, so I dont think its because I have been worried about it, and I have been acting as though im not pregnant as the tests said no.

Iv not been ill, and not gained or lost loads of weight. Not changed my diet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular