Am I over feeding?

Jade381
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:51 pm 
Post subject: Am I over feeding?
My baby is 1 month old today. He was brestfed for the first 5days but I switched him to formula as he was constantly feeding (plus some other issues) he started having sma gold, feeding at 4oz every 1-2hours so I switched him to sma hungry baby to see if this made a difference, it did, for about a day! He now has 4-5oz of hungry baby every 2hours and has been doing for the past week and 2days, he's a very stubborn baby to get wind out of and he gets a bit contipated at times but has been like this from birth so it can't be the new formula. He's happy and healthy but I was just wondering if anyone could give me any advise on wether this is right or if I should change somthing to maybe get him to sleep for longer periods at night and stretch his feeds out more. He won't take anymore than 5oz so upping the volume won't help, advise would be great x
KathG
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:49 am 
Post subject:
might be a long shot but I herd that with bottle feed babies their hunger is satisfied before their need/instinct to suckle is. If you give him his normal bottle and he takes it all, then you know an hour later he cant be starving - so at this point offer him a dummy or water. The NHS website says they should have 150-200mls per kilo per day (an oz is about 30mls if I remember right)until six months. I would also phone your health visitor and see what see suggests. good luck. xx

[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular