Toddler naps

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:29 pm 
Post subject: Toddler naps
Ok so my daughter is nearly 3 and stopped napping at around 20 months. She has always had a 7 o clock bedtime and never struggled sleeping at this time. My partner has gotten a new job recently which means I take him to and from work as its very out the way, there is no public transport and we cant afford another car plus he doesnt have a full driving license.

I dont mind doing it but the problem is Ava is napping religiously every afternoon between 4:45 til 5:45 whilst I'm driving and I cant seem to keep her awake but my biggest issue is it means shes not going to bed until 9 giving me only an hour to myself before I go to bed.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can either keep her awake on this car journey or make her go to bed withour a fuss at 7 when shes clearly no longer tired..

I do try waking her by calling her but nothing seems to wake her xx

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:38 pm 
Post subject:
could your OH ask at work if someone could give him a lift home?

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:28 pm 
Post subject:
I dont think so as its so far away from where we live. Its an hour journey. Well ive put her to bed as normal to see how she is and shes throwing a tantrum. Im so stressed out. I have no idea how I will cope with this when the new baby is here :/ xx

123babycakes
Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:29 pm 
Post subject:
Can your OH get his full licence? that would mean you wouldn't have to chauffeur him around! Smile

One of my ex-BFs didn't drive, and I ended up running him and his mother everywhere Rolling Eyes. People who don't drive don't realise what an inconvenience they can be.

15.08.09 Gone but never forgotten
An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth, then whispered as she closed the book "Too beautiful for Earth"
XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:00 pm 
Post subject:
He has suggested he gets a license but we simply cant afford another car and I need my car during the day as I run my own business and have the kids etc. I really dont mind taking him to work if ava didny fall asleep lol I dont kniw what we're going to do. Perhaps he can get a moped.. im not sure what to do as no doubt it will be even more difficult when baby is here.. I was sort of going to play ot by ear really and see what happens Laughing xx

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:03 pm 
Post subject:
what about kiddie stories / nursery rhymes on the player?

xx

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:31 am 
Post subject:
This might work it does for Alex sometimes, when your in the car, but the car window (at the front you get a greater impact at the back) completely down and drive along with it down, also I found a quick volume up to max for 2 seconds on the radio and then back down again jolts him out of sleep.

Blimey how did you stop sleep at 20 months, my oldest is 22 months and still has up to a 2 hour sleep and there is no way he could go without (and he goes to bed at 7.30 lol), its strange how different children are.

You'll find doing this when no 2 comes along quite hard, timing just doesn't work so you are likely to have 1 or both of them screaming in the back Confused I know you are planning a home birth but what happens if you end up with a c-section, how will he get to work, is there not public transport he could use, or cycle, or cycle some of the way say to local train station.

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:06 pm 
Post subject:
tracebumfluffwhy wrote:
This might work it does for Alex sometimes, when your in the car, but the car window (at the front you get a greater impact at the back) completely down and drive along with it down, also I found a quick volume up to max for 2 seconds on the radio and then back down again jolts him out of sleep.

Blimey how did you stop sleep at 20 months, my oldest is 22 months and still has up to a 2 hour sleep and there is no way he could go without (and he goes to bed at 7.30 lol), its strange how different children are.

You'll find doing this when no 2 comes along quite hard, timing just doesn't work so you are likely to have 1 or both of them screaming in the back Confused I know you are planning a home birth but what happens if you end up with a c-section, how will he get to work, is there not public transport he could use, or cycle, or cycle some of the way say to local train station.

I shall try that today. I hope it works. Also going to get her an ice cream for the way so she is occupied by eating lol the radio thing doesnt work as I tend to listen to music pretty lous so I think shes used to it Embarassed

And we discussed if I had a c section that he will hsve to stay at home as I dont think I could cope with 2 of them after a major op like that and his boss is ok with it. Fingers crossed it wont come to that though as its my biggest fear! If the birth all goes to plan we are going to do a test drive a few days after birth to see how having 2 will be. If it doesnt work out he will have to get a moped as I think thats the cheapest option for us. Thank you so much for your advice ladies xx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:08 pm 
Post subject:
tracebumfluffwhy wrote:

I shall try that today. I hope it works. Also going to get her an ice cream for the way so she is occupied by eating lol the radio thing doesnt work as I tend to listen to music pretty lous so I think shes used to it Embarassed

And we discussed if I had a c section that he will hsve to stay at home as I dont think I could cope with 2 of them after a major op like that and his boss is ok with it. Fingers crossed it wont come to that though as its my biggest fear! If the birth all goes to plan we are going to do a test drive a few days after birth to see how having 2 will be. If it doesnt work out he will have to get a moped as I think thats the cheapest option for us. Thank you so much for your advice ladies xx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:44 pm 
Post subject:
tracebumfluffwhy wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular