Which sleeping bag for the summer

Jup
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:52 pm 
Post subject: Which sleeping bag for the summer
Hi, my 13 month old is in a 2.5 tog sleeping bag, but now it's getting warmer should I buy a lower tog bag? If so should I get a 1.5 tog or a lower one? I live in England and his bedroom was 23c last night. Going on the basis of last year we can manage to keep it below 25c.

He won't use blankets as he moves around his cot so much. He often ends of laying across his cot lol.

Any advice on the tog ratings would be great. Thanks.
Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:15 pm 
Post subject:
Both mine were buggers for not settling without being in a sleeping bag so when it was really hot I used a 1 tog bag and a napoy that was it and they were fine.

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:31 pm 
Post subject:
I also use 1 tog's when its hot, and just a sleevless vest so the zip doesn't come in to contact with bare skin Smile

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:35 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

George had a 1 tog in the middle of the Summer. Just checked grobag sleep guide and it recommends 2.5 tog all year round 16 - 23 degrees. 1 tog daytime naps/summer 21 - 25 degrees. 0.5 tog Holidays and heatwaves 24 - 27 degrees.

If you buy a grobag then it comes with a thermoter and guide to which tog and what to wear. It's in sleeping Babies room so I can't go and check.

What time of night was it 23 degrees as the temp can still drop at night this time of year. If it was me I'd use the 2.5 tog bag for a bit longer and adjust his clothing level.
Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:54 pm 
Post subject:
I have my little man in a 1.5. When I go and check on him when I go to bed I pull his overs over him. When he wakes of a morning he has no covers on so the 1.5 must be fine. I'm hoping to take him out if a bag at the end of the summer.

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:29 am 
Post subject:
Our bags don't have the numbers on them. But I put DD in her summer sleeping bag last night (was 21.5C in her room), with a short sleeved vest and her winter pj top. (Sleeping bag has no sleeves).
I rather they be a little bit cold then too hot. xxx

Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:36 am 
Post subject:
My LO was a pest for not keeping covers on her so I had her in a bag the entire year through.

Cant remember what tog I used for the summer months but I do remember it was like a sheet material, didn't have any kind of padding at all then I'd just put her in a thin baby grow or PJ's. Her room was really warm anyway so I didn't want anything with any kind of weight to it through the summer months so the thin material worked great for us!

Bought it from Mothercare so I'm assuming that they see it fit to use. My sister had her LO kast May and when she was about 3 months old (August time) and it was really warm of a night her HV actually told her to continue to wrap her up or use the normal weight bag. First night of doing it the baby was soaking wet through with sweat......I'd just get a couple of weighted bags and judge for yourself hun.

xx
Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:12 am 
Post subject:
I put my little one in a 1 tog sleeping bag with a short sleeved vest on. She likes to have a blankie next to her face so I use a muslin just so she has something to snuggle upto and it is light too xx
Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:13 am 
Post subject:
My little girl won't sleep if her feet are covered so I have the constant problem of adjusting blankets Sad
Zacky was born June 26th 2011
Pip was born October 17th 2012
Spencer was born 5th August 2013 (6 weeks early)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular