Restless mom needs advice and sleep too!

mishycat
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:14 pm 
Post subject: Restless mom needs advice and sleep too!
Hello,

First of all I would to thank all of you taking the time to read this.

I have a beautiful 20 month old daughter, my first one.

I would like to tell you my story of endless nights:

I don't have a problem getting Andrea to sleep. I follow a routine, dinner, bath, brushing teeth, book and bottle. She falls a sleep most of the time really fast, her bedtime is always at the same time (7:30 - 8:00) so she's asleep at 8:00 sharp. The problem begins around 11:30 - 12:00 midnight. she wakes up, and can't get back to sleep.

Best case scenario: she'll drink a bottle of milk (which I'm gradually diluting it with water so she can skip the midnight bottle) then she climbs on top of me and gets back to sleep. (yes she sleeps in our bed)

Worse case scenario: She screams her lungs out for about an hour or so, tosses and turns, wants me to rock her or hold her, clings to me, and after more or less three hours (form 12:00 - 3:00 am) she settles back and sleeps back on her own.

I must confess that I refused to the "cry it out method" and she literally has slept through the night only three times in 20 months! (really I count them). I tried letting her cry for three nights on a row, some times it works because I get back to the best case scenario, but then we get back to square one.

I also would like to add that the doctor told me to give her Bennadryl or Clorotrimeton and they seam to help a little, but I don't feel I doing anything to cut this from the root if you know what I mean.

I think I'm looking for a peace of mind really, I would like to know :

1.- Is this normal or does she have some physical problem?
2.- If this behavior is normal for her age, how long will this last! ?
3.- Can it be that I'm blessed with a super high needy baby?

She takes one 2 hour nap during the day, I try to wear her out and do es much activity as I can, but nothing changes this pattern. It seams that all other children at this age are sleeping through the night.

Thanks for reading and listening. Mishka
emkeljan
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:25 pm 
Post subject: i can totally help u
Ok 1st things 1st, does ur daughter have naps durin the day? If so how many and how long. I'm a childcare worker and hav been studin children yrs. I have a 24 month old daughter and she been sleepin durin the night with out cryin since she was 2 months old, i would like u 2 hav my email address and we can sort out your problem, but u must follow it through step by step.
emkeljan@hotmail.com
hei
Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:33 pm 
Post subject:
hallo
i dont nove if you still have the same problem but my girl is nerly tre
end she just to be a l like yours. I have got my girl to sleep
tru the nait nove hard work end if you want to i can tell you what we did
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular