"Rash" around anus

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:56 am 
Post subject: "Rash" around anus
Hi. DS has a red area around his anus (I wouldn't really call it a rash), it is irritating him and yesterday he was bleeding from this area.
I tried to get a dr app today, but they are fully booked, so first chance is Monday.
Now I remember about 1-2 years ago he had a similiar thing and the dr said it was a fungus and gave me a cream. It got alot worse when using the cream so we went to Trauma over the weekend and the dr there said it wasn't a fungus and to stop using the cream.
Now I can't remember what else he said, but I thought it was just to not use anything (else maybe just maizena powder).
ARgh.... I noticed the redness coming a week ago, so just left it. But it only got worse, esp since he is always fiddling with his bum.
Any ideas what it could be? He scratched all night last night. Seems okay this morning and it doesn't look worse.
Thanks. xxx

KathG
Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:16 am 
Post subject:
What ashame. Soz no idea what it could be. If I were you I would get an over the counter anti-septic cream to see you through until you can get him to the doctors. Is it maybe just irritation from him scratching it, maybe some capol if its sore and irritated. A coolish bath then leave it expose to air for a while might help make it more comfortable. Hope he is better soon sorry cant be off more help. Try the Dr again you might get lucky and get a cancelation if you ring back this afternoon - a long shot I know but you never know.

[/url]
sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:24 am 
Post subject:
Thanks, I will follow your suggestions Smile

keltru
Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:53 pm 
Post subject:
If he's scratching his anus a lot could it be worms? Check his poo for little white threadworms cos that causes anal itching. X x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular