Earliest you found a hb on a doppler

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:13 pm 
Post subject: Earliest you found a hb on a doppler
I was just wondering what the earliest people found the hb was. Adjusting for my cycle length I would be 8 weeks now and I know some people say they can find it then. I didn't find it until 15 weeks with Jamie (and felt him move first) but my placenta was at the front. I was just interested really. I was thinking I might try and find it and then try once a week until I do. It doesn't worry me at all if I don't find it for weeks yet because I know it can be hard to pick up

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:13 pm 
Post subject:
I found this one at bang on 8 weeks but only for a split second and then she disappeared. Think she moved or something sfter 10 weeks I could find her with ease and she woukd stick around for a bit. I remember midwife telling me at my booking in that it was impossible. Lucky for me I recorded it and sure enough she was amazed and said it was baby alright lol xx

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:42 pm 
Post subject:
Our doppler arrived when I was 9 weeks exactly and I found heartbeat that day, very briefly but no mistaking it. We have a sonoline b
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:10 pm 
Post subject:
That's the one I have this time Clare. Haven't got it out of the box yet because I know once I do I won't be able to resist. I am fat though so that will make it harder

Amymel86
Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:18 pm 
Post subject:
Does weight make it more difficult to detect the heartbeat then?
Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:13 am 
Post subject:
I'm guessing it would because it has more layers to go through

nds
Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:57 am 
Post subject:
i got mine at 11 weeks, i would have no doubt got it earlier except i actually had no idea you could buy them! if you want one, go for it, but of course be aware you're not always guaranteed to find a heartbeat, even after finding it before, and for some women that can make them panic.. i thought i would be that woman, but after sitting looking for it for literally 10/15mins and my oh getting worried, i still was not. i asked a midwife about buying a doppler and she said the same, just to be careful with it. i probably use mine once or twice a week, just love to hear baby kick and move around in there. if you don't think you'll panic if you don't find hb, go ahead, it's a really lovely thing to hear! i also heard about the weight thing but can't really input as am very petite, mine worked fine, lots of luck xxx
Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:53 pm 
Post subject:
I didn't try until 10weeks but it was very clear

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
Olivers was 12wks (when I first bought it)

Matildas was 9th week with a n angelsound x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular