Head engaged!

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:44 pm 
Post subject: Head engaged!
Been for my midwife appointment today and she confirmed that the babies head is now engaged. Scary and exciting!! I had been really worried as everyone had said I was still really high, but the midwife said it must have a long back and she doesn't think there'll be a visible drop.

It hasn't given any indication of whether I could go early or late, as she said can be in that position for upto 4 weeks, but I haven't seen her for 3 so who knows. Back again in 2 weeks now.

xx

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:02 pm 
Post subject:
How exciting!!! My bump has definitely dropped - my OH noticed it before I did but now I look at it, its obvious!!! I doubt it means anything exciting - just that Tiddler's had a wriggle and is sitting somewhere different!!! Haven't seen my midwife for ages, next appointment is a week on Thursday so I'll see what she says. The last appointment I had as with the consultant who said Tiddler was head down but free! I seriously doubt I'll go early and I could do with not actually - I finish work 10 days before my due date but as long as I get to the 7th June (which is over 3 weeks before my due date) then all my exam classes will have finished and my timetable will be much depleted!!!
Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:47 am 
Post subject:
Wow, I finish work 13 days before my due date and everyone is saying that's late. Am feeling great though, so don't see the need to finish any earlier.

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:57 am 
Post subject:
I think these june babies like to drop early haha I had my appointment today and have been told babies heads engaged was so worried I was breech as I can feel low kicks but aparently its fists lol just so relieved. So exciting. You could be next!!! xxx

AngelDelight
Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:26 pm 
Post subject:
I seen mw tues and she said baby's head is partially engaged?! But she said nothing to worry about as contractions drag it down.... I was due to Finnish next Friday 10 days before dd but I'm paranoid I will go early as ds was 9 days early! So finishing next weds. So 3 more working days left Smile it's all so exciting. I wonder who will go first?

I think my bump has dropped as can feel it resting on my thighs if that makes sense.

I'm hoping the weather will improve once baby's are here as its so miserable at the mo Confused

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:22 am 
Post subject:
I keep saying that about the weather. When we found out we were having a June baby, I imagined being out walking every day with the pram. It's not looking hopeful at the moment Sad

xx

Kenty
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:52 pm 
Post subject:
Getting close now!
My 1st engaged at 34weeks and was 4days late...everyone was convinced I'd go early! Lol

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:07 am 
Post subject:
My first was engaged at 32 weeks Shocked they even did an extra scan as his head was so low they couldn't really feel it and thought he was actually breech Laughing and he went 12 days over Rolling Eyes so he was engaged for almost 10 weeks Laughing so I don't think baby being engaged or not has much bearing on when they decide to turn up , at least it gives you a bit more breathing room though xx
XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:44 am 
Post subject:
Avas head never engaged fully and she was born 3 weeks early. I put that down to the epo etc and birthing ball more thsn anything xx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:45 am 
Post subject:
Avas head never engaged fully and she was born 3 weeks early. I put that down to the epo etc and birthing ball more thsn anything xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular