Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:55 am 
Post subject: One step test strips
kate6540
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:57 am 
Post subject:
Argh not sure why my post came up empty,

http://s312.beta.photobucket.com/user/kate6540/media/image-2.jpg.html

I purchased cheaply tests but not convicted if this is an evap although it came up in the time frame.

I will get an expensive test in a few days just wondered what people thought?

X
emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:43 pm 
Post subject:
looks like a line to me Smile

Congratulations.

Looks like we used the same tests. Mine were faint to begin with, ive tested every day for over a week now and had BFP's since 12 dpo.

Im still testing now Laughing , i love watching the line getting darker.

Id do another test 2moro as well just to double check.

kate6540
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:48 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations!

I started testing way too early but wasn't sure re oving as CBFM didn't pick it up but I had the signs I had.

Did yours look similar to mine? I really wasn't sure! Will def retest in a few days with a first response I think!

X
emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:07 pm 
Post subject:
this is what mine looked like

Top one was 12 dpo
    then 13 dpo in the am
    then 13 pdo in the pm
    last one was 14 pdo

the ones ive done since are clearer but still not as strong as the control line.

(yes im still testing Laughing thought id use them all up as i brought 20 in bulk )

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:17 pm 
Post subject:
this is one with more tests added. (12 dpo on left then 2days on right)

Not come out as clear though.

kate6540
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:32 pm 
Post subject:
Ahh it's lovely when you can see the line getting darker!

Thankyou so much for posting pics, now I'm less convinced as mine doesn't look as pink but we shall see in a couple of days!

X
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:05 am 
Post subject:
Normally I'd say any line with colour in even if its faint is a positive Smile , but I've had lines on these and not been pregnant so , they always looked slightly weird though (not quite straight or darker at one end than the other or not quite in the right place or blurry or something) I can't see your pic very well as its a little blurry but I would say if you do a couple and get the same line its a positive Smile
Have you tested again today ? xx
kate6540
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:12 pm 
Post subject:
Well I had 2 positives with the test strips, got a clearblue plus and did last night and was neg so thought I would do the other this morn and was also neg! Got more of the strips in post (I ha annoyingly already ordered!) and that was neg tonight too! So although they say its not possible to have false positives mine seem to be Sad no af yet so will see what happens but I feel really deflated now ;-(
X
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:34 am 
Post subject:
It depends what people mean by false positives though Question , getting a line thats caused by HCG when you're not pregnant is pretty rare, it can happen occasionally when a womans entering the menopause as your HCG levels rise , or if she's taking certain meds like fertility meds with HCG in , but its not a common thing.
The other reasons are, a faulty test that shows a coloured line of some sort even when no HCG is detected , I've been TTC for 2 1/2 yrs and used to be a serial tester with all sorts of brands and have had that type of false positive on everything from these cheap tests to FRER's and clear blue +/- tests Rolling Eyes ( I even had 2 out of a box of 3 give me a line with those but the thrid didn't)
Or it can be down to a chemical pregnancy which is where an egg implants and HCG can get high enough to be picked up but then the pregnancy fails very quickly and levels drop again and then you get AF shortly after,
Or it could be that the new batch of tests aren't as sensitive Question The digi's certainly aren't and in early pregnancy you need to have as strong a sample as possible to get a good result . If your AF still isn't here than it might be worth testing again with a morning sample Question xx
kate6540
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:13 pm 
Post subject:
I think it was faulty tests as they did look odd and I wasn't 100% convinced. Had negs since so just going to wait now. Still no af... :-/
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:26 am 
Post subject:
Thats why I stopped buying the cheapies in the end because I had it happen a couple of times and got my hopes up just to have a negative on other tests Sad
It could be a good sign your AF still being a no show though, FX you are pregnant but its a bit early for the other tests yet xx
cbods28
Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:44 am 
Post subject:
hi i have been testing with the strips too and got a faint line yesterday so did it again today with a slighty darker line son i tried a different brand first response and got a faint line on that too so i would try one like that because my sister didnt get a bfp until the day after her af with the clear blue hopes this helps xx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular