1 month old rash

Tingleysweet
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:21 am 
Post subject: 1 month old rash
My baby is a month old and has been covered in this rash all over her face and head since she was 2 weeks old.. The peds said that it was baby acne but it is movin all over her body.. I didn't bath her fully for 3 days and it started to go away.. Now it's back and I'm using sensative skin wash.. I've tried everything.. It gets worse when she fusses or it's hot.. I haven't bathed her again only a quick sponge bath and now it's not going away it seems to be getting worse .. It's in her eyes and on and in her ears.. I'm really concerned. Anyone else experiencing this?
MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:06 pm 
Post subject:
what does it look like? xx

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:30 pm 
Post subject:
I personally would stop using any bodywashes (I only use shampoo on my daughters hair and nothing else), as your daughter may be very sensitive to chemicals. My mum could only use 'Pears' glycerine soap on my brother as he had very sensitive skin.

Also what washing powder are you using? Do you use moisturiser?

I would make sure you are either eliminating chemicals from your routine or avoiding them as much as possible. If you dont see any difference after a week or two it obviously isnt that but unless you avoid things you wont know.

With washing powder I would only use non bio and I actually found 'powder' made my daughter come up in a rash (despite the fact it was non bio) and I have to use liquid. I currently use Surcare - which is particularly for sensitive skin.

The other thing that is a potential issue is a possible milk intolerance (unfortunately this is hard to do much about) Sad You can use a soya type milk but to be honest I really wouldnt change your baby's milk unless you are fairly sure that it is the issue.

Good Luck Smile
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:15 am 
Post subject:
I use all free and clear liquid on all of our clothes since my husband is allergic to something in scented detergent.. Also the only lotions I have ever put on her have been Johnson's the regular pink bottle and the Shea butter one as well.

As far as her having a milk intolerance.. She has been on soy formula by similac since she was 2 And a half weeks old.. Some days are better than others I guess.. The rash seems to be gone even after giving her a bath but her skin on her eyebrows and forehead is very flaky and dry.

I wish I knew how to upload a photo so I could show you
Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:09 am 
Post subject:
Sounds like you are doing all the rights things. I would however recommend not using johnsons - I know its designed for babies but it is full of chemicals. I use E45 moisturiser and as I said I dont really use anything else apart from shampoo.

Is the dry skin just in the hair now - it might be cradle cap rather than the rash/dry skin?
Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:34 am 
Post subject:
Thank you for your advice.. Come to find out it was her formula giving her the rash.. I took her to the PEDS office. They have me an ointment to put on all the red bumpy areas, I was also using a soy formula with her.. I honestly didn't this thank would cause an reaction like that but our doc had us change her formula back to a milk based and it cleare up within hours. I'm just so glad my baby is not covered in that horrible rash anymore.. Thank you for your knowledge!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular