New IVF research

KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:25 am 
Post subject: New IVF research
Sounds positive. If you read it on BBC news website don't read the comments though. There's some forking aceholes out there!

Is it wrong that I hope they go through infertility one day so they know what it's like?
Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:45 pm 
Post subject:
I live in US and I have several articles on IVF the last few weeks. I get so mad reading the comments posted by some. Some called us IVF users selfish and evil bc instead of adopting we try to have children of our own. I even read a post that said people who did IVF should just realize that God didn't us children for a reason, she went on to we would be unfit. I was so mad!
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:24 pm 
Post subject:
Mmhm. There were a lot of people griping about us being given IVF on the NHS (National Health Service). One even said we should all get cognitive behavioural therapy to stop us wanting children. Twisted Evil

I can think of many examples from the news of people who have no problems popping out a child/children and then abusing them/killing them in a house fire they started because they wanted a bigger house.

How anyone can think there's any connection between what nature allows and the type of parents you'd be is beyond me.

I wish I hadn't read it as I found it really upsetting but once I started I couldn't stop myself.
Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:41 pm 
Post subject:
I know what you mean. People just don't understand unless they have suffered through infertility. I don't understand how a lot of people (especially the ones who are parents) could not show compassion and understanding our desire to be parents.

It seems like a lot of people who shouldn't be parents get pregnant very easily.
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:01 pm 
Post subject:
Exactly. Scummy people who want to never work and live of the state seem to have no problems. Makes my blood boil!
Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:19 pm 
Post subject:
My friend is using the clinic that has pioneered alot of the new stuff and the new thing that was on gmtv last week.

Seem so much better than her last clinic and more forward thinking.

In regards to the comments on pages, it is hard for people to understand infertility and I dont think I truly understood uowbit can devastate people's lives till my best friend went through it xx

KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:30 pm 
Post subject:
Not being able to understand is ok - I don't understand a lot of things too. Difference is I have the self-awareness to know I don't understand and the compassion not to judge. Just a shame not everyone is the same.

Sad

Jump to:  

Community

Popular