18month biting

avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:36 pm 
Post subject: 18month biting
need help???

my 18 month old daughter keeps biting me, i say no firmly and look into her eyes and say no it hurts mommy, and she just laughs, i cant put her in a cot and walk away because she shares our bed due to no space, so i don't no what to do, it is mainly at night time she bites.
she is doing my head in, i shout and get moaned at by my fella for shouting, but he got to understand it ain't him who she is biting,

KathG
Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:59 am 
Post subject:
I would introduce the naughty step or spot - my LO is around the same age and it really works for us. One warning "NO! DO NOT BITE MUMMY!" then if she does it again tell her to stop or go to the naughty spot. If she then does it again put her in the naughty spot and tell her to stay there (keep putting her back if she comes out). Then after a few minutes tell her she is there for biting mummy and to say sorry (my LO cant say sorry yet so I tell him to give me a cuddle to say sorry). Good luck. oh, is she biting for attention? If so I would follow up the first "NO DONT BITE MUMMY! With a suggestion of something for her to do like get a book for you to read or help pick up the toys or whatever.

[/url]
avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:39 am 
Post subject:
Thanks but that hard when living with parent in laws,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular