Breastfeeding

AliJo
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:40 pm 
Post subject: Breastfeeding
My daughters just turned 1 and I'm still breast feeding her morning and night. She has juice and water from a sippy cup with meals. I've read she should drink 2 cups of milk a day. The morning feeds only 10 mins and bedtime feeds ususaly half an hour. She does have milk in her porridge and yoghurt after tea. I'm just not sure she's having enough milk? I don't want to replace her juice with milk as this seems like a backwards step. When I stop her breastfeeds I was going to replace those with milk in a beaker, just not sure when to do this? I enjoy breast feeding and am not in a rush to give it up.
thatonethere
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:49 am 
Post subject:
Hi don't worry too much - there's calcium in things like fish and you could add milk to mashed potato or find ways to add it into her diet that way, I breastfed until mine were 2 I wasn't in any rush to give up either, sounds like you're doing a fab job Smile x
avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:39 pm 
Post subject:
don't worry the baby will tell you how much milk she/he wants, i still breastfeeding my daughter who is 18 months, and i want to stop she is biting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular