Thrush and bloody midwives rant!

RiceCrispieCakeHead
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:17 pm 
Post subject: Thrush and bloody midwives rant!
I'm nearly 10 weeks and have thrush so phoned midwives office who told me to speak to pharmacist as they will recommend what is safe to take. Wrong! They said they are not insured to advice or sell me anything! So I spoke to another midwife who said I need to see my gp. Flippen hell considering how common thrush is in pregnancy they must see it all the time so know what is ok to use! So I phone the surgery. No appointments for 5 days! I ask to speak to another midwife as I can't handle this for 5 friggen days! She phones me back very sheepish to admit anything is ok to use. I ask about canesten as I've read all over the web the cream is ok. It is safe she says but see ur gp. Omg shut up! So I get some canesten and read the leaflet and it doesn't say not for use in prgnancy merely tell ur health provide if u use it. Why can't u ever get a straight answer from a midwife?! They are trained an deal with this more often than doctors! They know what's ok and what's not. What is wrong with them???!! Grrr!
XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:38 pm 
Post subject:
I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. I knew it was safe ti take as I remembered I took it with my daughter (the cream and pessary) anyway went to a pharmacy and they refused to sell me the cream without a note from my dr or midwife as they said the cream was dangerous yet the pessary was not.. are you kidding me I thought!? Was so cross. I just sent hubby in to get it in the end Rolling Eyes xx

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:17 pm 
Post subject:
It's amazing how surgeries are all different.

At 14 weeks I simply phoned my surgery and told them I needed creams for thrush and piles and that afternoon picked them up. Didn't even see a doctor or anyone... just requested it!! I also asked for urine sample bottles as I thought I had a water infection and gave it to them to test, again didn't bother asking, just told them.

I now request blood tests about once a month because my bloods are not yet back to normal 6 months on, but not bad enough to be prescribed anything so I want it monitoring cos I still feel [*@!#%*]. They just do it...

xx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:50 pm 
Post subject:
I just requested a prescription for caneston and got it for the pessary and cream. I did it a couple times as I struggled to get rid of it.. I wouldnt mind the chemist refused to sell it me and then gave me the exact medicine on prescription for free.. So I saved over a tenner.. X
Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:26 pm 
Post subject:
I'm a pharmacist and it's all down to licensing by the manufacturers unfortunately. It is so frustrating not being able to sell stuff that you know is safe and the Dr will just give it anyway. x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular