Ovulation kits

Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:37 am 
Post subject:
It is hard to stay positive but do try. I try not to think about it and concentrate on something else as I think if I think about it too much then it will never happen.

Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:49 am 
Post subject:
Well we are not pregnant AF arrived as per normal but now on different length cycle Sigh
MrsZargon
Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:45 am 
Post subject:
Hi Polkadotty just wanted to say that I didn't get any implantation bleeding with my first and I also hought I was out for the month as had period like cramps as usual - was totally shocked when I go that BFP so don't count yourself out x

Also I think that stressing out a lot is probably a significant contributor to no falling pg (certainly after having tests that show there is nothing wrong with either DH or me I have come to this conclusion) I even asked my gp about it and he said that the mind was a powerful thing and could influence the body in ways not yet understood, so I really think you need to try and get your anxiety levels down a bit if possible. Have you thought about yoga, meditation or any alternate way to help maybe fertility reflexology? It might help you feel like u are taking control of things a bit?

Oh and to answer your initial question I get pos opk every month and know my timing is not an issue and we still waiting for a BFP this time after 20 months of trying!

Good luck and hope this is your month x
Beckylouisexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:24 pm 
Post subject:
when i was ttc with ds I used these ovulation sticks, & they didn't let me down Smile

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25-ovulation-tests-and-5-pregnancy-strips-sticks-1-month-supply-as-used-by-NHS-/221234620464?pt=UK_Health_HealthCare_RL&hash=item33829c6830

Hope this helps & your conceive soon Smile xx

Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:53 pm 
Post subject:
Beckylouisexx,

I have had these along side the clear blue ones but never got any results saying that I had ovulated. It has only showed up once that I ovulated.

I might have to use up the ones I have left and see what happens.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:06 am 
Post subject:
Polkadotty try having sex for a bit longer, the first peak day is just when the monitor picks up your surge, it doesn't mean that's ov day, the day you actually ov could be as much as 2 days after your surge starts to go , so its worth having sex for at least 3-4 days after you get the peak to be sure as the monitor doesn't tell you when the surge is going again, the second peak and high are just pre programmed and mean nothing and sometimes women will get a surge that can last for a few days and then not ov until 24 hrs or more after that so its always worth trying for that bit longer , good luck x
Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:32 am 
Post subject:
DL05 wrote:
Polkadotty try having sex for a bit longer, the first peak day is just when the monitor picks up your surge, it doesn't mean that's ov day, the day you actually ov could be as much as 2 days after your surge starts to go , so its worth having sex for at least 3-4 days after you get the peak to be sure as the monitor doesn't tell you when the surge is going again, the second peak and high are just pre programmed and mean nothing and sometimes women will get a surge that can last for a few days and then not ov until 24 hrs or more after that so its always worth trying for that bit longer , good luck x

Well I learnt something there. I thought as soon as it shows up on the ovulation test you are to baby dance for the next 24/48 hours so that might be why we are not getting far then?
I tried to get OH in the mood but he has lost it completely so major hard work sigh. I am at the moment having different length cycle only by a few days and can be as short as 25 or as long as 28 days but I seem to still OV around day 13 -15 regardless on length of cycle. I have to say I'm getting fed up with it now and thinking of saying Ill go on the pill because he doesn't seem to bothered about having any check to make sure he is functioning. Ive had all I can do now so hit a brick wall but he say if you bring the stuff home ill do it. Fxxxxx men. I might buy those ones of the internet tempted.

Sorry for rant but he has annoyed me with all this as he wants a baby or least I thought
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:59 am 
Post subject:
Men eh Lindsey they can be pretty frustrating at times Rolling Eyes Yeah the ov kits are a bit misleading as its only the surge they pick up, all LH does is start to break down the follicle so the egg can be released and that can take anything from 6 hrs to 72 depending on which site you're reading or which doc you ask, also some say from the beginning of the surge and some say from the end Rolling Eyes Also it takes different amounts of time for the body to process LH in different women and even from month to month so you might not see it in your urine until hours after the surge starts or even if you have a short surge it may have even finished before you see the LH in your pee Shocked
I know from personal experience as a reformed serial ov tester Embarassed Laughing that one month I started to get positives on the Sunday but carried on getting them until the following Friday Shocked maybe I just had a stubborn egg that didn't want to pop Rolling Eyes Laughing
So I'd say with normal tests its worth testing until you see them fade and then maybe keep trying for 3 days or so Question
If I'd taken the advice on the packs and not tested once I got that first positive we would have been way off on the timing .
But they are good as a general guide but most docs will say don't just time sex around them try and just have regular sex every 2-3 days all cycle to make sure you don't miss the right time, easier said than done though when you've been trying for a while , I'd ask the doc about the SA myself, I literally did everything for my OH's except the sample Rolling Eyes Laughing I got the pot and the letter, I rang and made the appointment ,then I just handed him the pot when it was time and then I drove it to the hospital after and handed it over , if I'd have waited for him to do it wouldn't be done yet Laughing The internet colour dye ones can give you a clue as to how many sperm there are but don't tell you what condition they're in but still even knowing there are some would be a start Question
http://www.amazon.co.uk/FERTILITY-Colour-Test-Male-Fertility/dp/B001FOBGQW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1372413355&sr=8-2&keywords=male+fertility+test+kit
this one even claims to be able to tell you motility as well Question It does sound a little bit like one of those chemistry lab experiments you do at school though with test tubes and colour charts and stuff Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular