HELP!! Mucus plug/CM?

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:47 am 
Post subject: HELP!! Mucus plug/CM?
Just felt a load of 'stuff' come out of me and dribble down my leg. Felt like I was weeing myself. Panicked that it was my waters going, but when I went to wipe it was creamy white. It was right down my legs, but definitely not tinged with brown/pink/red. Almost looked like morning after BDing (tmi).

Is this just excess CM or could it be my plug going?

xx

mand136
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:55 am 
Post subject:
Not sure hun,if it felt like you were weeing yourself it could be some of your waters with a bit of discharge? If i were you i would pop a pad on and see what happens,if you are worried though give your mw a call Smile Good luck! xx
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:56 pm 
Post subject:
Heath I'm getting exactly the same, I've been getting extra discharge for weeks now. But today I thought I'd wet myself and I looked in mirror and seen this thick white discharge running down my legs. Eww.... Had a mw appt today and she said its the pressure of the baby on your cervix and body prep for labour. We could be both quite close...! Very Happy

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:09 am 
Post subject:
Could b the start of your plug! It is really slimy and after it started to come away there was loads!! I had a lot of pressure at the end and dribbles of wee so hen my waters went i was not sure what it was as it was obly a dribble but then contractions started and there was loads more gushes with eaxh contraction xx

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:06 am 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies. Have had a bit more this morning, but as you say I think it probably is increased cm due to pressure.
I'm trying not to get too impatient, but I just can't get it out of my head that I'll end up being induced. May be because I still can't believe this is really happening Smile

xx

Kenty
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:15 pm 
Post subject:
Sounds like just discharge, I've been getting this loads lately... Your plug is generally snot like consistency...really not pleasant!

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:42 pm 
Post subject:
Yeh my plug was like pink snot Laughing

...apologies for tmi

Some people never lose their plug though. My friend has had two and has never noticed anything like that xx

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:20 pm 
Post subject:
Like you Heath - lots of extra CM - and some plug too - plug tends to be more jelly-like and holds it's form more, like snot or half-cooked eggwhite, where CM is runny and there is LOADS of it Smile Certainly sounds like not long now though - all the best hun! Smile xxxxx

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:12 am 
Post subject:
Bits of mine went throughout the week before I gave birth. It was like snot! I didnt see my bloody show - I'm pretty sure it came out when my waters went.

It's pretty gross, I'm not sure that sounds like it. It probably is increased CM - I was always paranoid I'd wet myself because of it.
Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:10 am 
Post subject:
Yep, was definitely increased cm as mucus plug has started this morning. Every time I've been to the toilet there's been some there. Don't know how far off that means things could be.

xx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:09 pm 
Post subject:
Omg omg omg Very Happy

Just from my own personal experience I would say by tomorrow you should have your baby if not Monday. Losing your plug is usually a sign of your cervix opening.

I knew soon as you said about af cramps it would only be a week or so! So exciting! I just hope it means I have a week now as im getting intense af cramps like a burning sensation and keep feeling wet down there too. Omg were all having babies this month!!! Very Happy

Good luck xxxxxxx

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:24 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you!! I don't know what to think, I definitely feel that something is more imminent. Back ache and really heavy feeling in my bum. I keep reading about people who have show though over a week before going into labour.....aghhhh!

Have you been for your walk Avasmummy? We've been on a 4 mile walk this morning. I really hope things aren't long for you either. Just think it will definitely be this month Smile

xx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:34 pm 
Post subject:
Yeh went for a walk which eased my cramps a little and they stopped when we came home for about an hour but now they're back again. It feels like burning mixed with af cramps.. really bizarre feeling. Perhaps bh contractions are just painful second time round Question

Its just so uncomfortable.. keep walkimg and pacing round the house to try and ease them as if I sit down it hurts. Last night they were making me feel sick and kept getting hot flushes. I also definitely think things for me are happening very slowly but theres something going on as it all just feels very different down there lol

I doubt you will be waiting a week.. part of me wonders if the women that say theyve waited a week have mistaken their plug somehow. For me I lost a big bit of plug and then throughout the day kept losing more little bits with blood. I started losing my plug at 6am on the 25th august and ava wad born at 4:25am on the 26th. Obviously everyone is different but all the things youve sais this week has made me think sunday/Monday for you.

I cant wait to hear when you have him/her xx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:27 pm 
Post subject:
Im hoping you've gone quiet due to having your baby Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy xx

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:05 pm 
Post subject:
Haha, am still here. Started getting spasms in my back, don't know if means anything. Been trying to time them, some have been every 10 mins but have sometimes been 20. Seen to last about 10 seconds. I'm convinced I'm going to be one of those who haven't got a clue! I'll either end up getting sent home from hospital loads of times or have it at home haha xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular